DE Chance Carter

• 3 weeks later...

take it for what it is worth, but on ND boards they are saying he had a poor showing at camps over the summer. and that they have cooled on him in favor of another candidate. this could be the reason why on 1620 a while back they said we had not come to visit him during the visiting/eval period.

Shembo committed to Notre Dame. Do you think Carter is out of the loop now?

There is a lot of indecisiveness on their board where they go from here. Some are saying they are going to completely drop him, some are saying he still has a chance. They keep on saying that if they do take another DE it is going to be

. Either way optimism for him seems to be going down for multiple schools.

There is an article on rivals that says "chance learns where he stands" in reference to his trip with ND, doesn anyone have any info?

according to the irish boards he has no chance now, but they might string him along just in case.

edit: some are now saying that he may have a chance is Justin Utupo is moved to DT.

Defensive end Chance Carter (Evanston, Ill./Loyola Academy), who has five scholarship offers, is considering two of the schools he has an offer from as well as two that have yet to offer.

The 6-foot-4 and 245-pound Carter lists Nebraska, Notre Dame, Stanford, Wisconsin and Indiana as schools that have offered, but says he is looking at just the first two.

Carter also says he is interested in Cal and Purdue.

"Those four schools are about it right now," Carter said. "The only two I've been to are Nebraska and Notre Dame. But I'll definitely get out to Cal. One of my AAU teammates, Alex Rossi, is going to Cal to play basketball. When he visits there I'll go with him."

Carter says he has no leader at this point and is not sure when he will select a college.

"Things keep coming up and it keeps getting pushed back," Carter said. "I think I'll take some official visits."