DE Chance Carter

per ESPN: Defensive end Chance Carter (Evanston, Ill./Loyola Academy) at one time had talked about selecting a college by the end of May. That hasn't happened and Carter now says he no longer has a timetable for making a decision.

"I'm not sure about that right now," Carter said. "I don't know if I'll wait and take official visits or not."

The 6-foot-4, 245-pounder said his scholarship offer list remains at five: Notre Dame, Stanford, Nebraska, Wisconsin and Indiana. However, he said he is only considering the first three.

Carter attended a Notre Dame spring practice session as well as the Nebraska spring game.

"It's hard to say which one I liked better," Carter said. "I'm also looking at Boston College, and I might take a look at Michigan."

Cater said he does not have a leader at this time.

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Will visit Stanford and Nebraska again before he decides.

don't know what this means about our chances (no pun intended), but Stanford recently got a commitment from their 3rd DE.

Ya, they do have three already in this class. We only had one last class and not one for this class yet. That should help our case.

Stanford is up to 23 commits now, I'd imagine they gotta be getting pretty close to full.