SIGNED DE Tobi Okuyemi

From Husker Journal:

APRIL 26, 2009. PREP STAR

TOBI OKUYEMI, DE, 6-3, 230, 4.7, PLYMOUTH (WAYZATA), MINNESOTA

"Nebraska said they are top heavy at defensive end, if I went there I would have a chance to play my sophomore year.” Okuyemi added

We're top heavy at Defensive End but it still doesn't mean that he can't play Defensive Tackle or possibly Linebacker.

Meh, I am not sure at 230lbs he can put on 60-70lbs or that the staff would want him to. Moving inside seems a bit of a reach, but it has been done before. LB maybe, 4.7 is fairly fast.

From Husker Journal:

APRIL 26, 2009. PREP STAR

TOBI OKUYEMI, DE, 6-3, 230, 4.7, PLYMOUTH (WAYZATA), MINNESOTA

"Nebraska said they are top heavy at defensive end, if I went there I would have a chance to play my sophomore year.” Okuyemi added

We're top heavy at Defensive End but it still doesn't mean that he can't play Defensive Tackle or possibly Linebacker.

Meh, I am not sure at 230lbs he can put on 60-70lbs or that the staff would want him to. Moving inside seems a bit of a reach, but it has been done before. LB maybe, 4.7 is fairly fast.

bump it up to a 4.8 or 4.9

that said he's still in a high school weight program let him get to a college and he'll more then likely speed up a bit.

per Scout: Although defensive end Tobi Okuyemi still denies a leader, he favors Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Nebraska. “Those four stand out because I’ve already visited them,” Okuyemi he said. “This summer I’m planning on visiting Michigan State, Kentucky and Vanderbilt too. It’s going to be real hard to make a decision. They all have good things about them. I want to take all of my official visits...”

• 1 month later...

was just bumped down to 5.5 per rivals. I still think he is amazing talent and would like to see him N. does anyone have any updates?

Edit found this on article Link. He is the 5th ranked uncommitted guy on Minnesota's board.

1. OT - Seantrel Henderson - ya, I'd love to get the #1 recruit in the country. I guess...if we have to take him

2. CB - Tyrone Bouie - love the way this kid tackles in his videos, I'd really like to see this Florida native choose Minnesota.

3. DT - Beau Allen - Minnetonka native and a top 5 player in the state.

4. WR - Kevin Johnson - teammate of Hasan Lipscomb last year in Houston. Johnson has commited to OK State but there is still time for him to come to his senes.

5. DE - Tobi Okuyemi - Wayzata native and athletic DE. May end up moving to OLB at this level but very good player.

6. WR - Toby Durham - teammate of Tyrone Bouie, three-star receiver

7. S - Isaiah Lewis - attends MarQueis Gray's old high school, the top 25 S has offers from nearly all B10 schools.

8. RB - Marcus Coker - Maryland back who was rumored to have committed but it was just a rumor

9. OLB - Kevin Kisserberth - there are not a ton of offers out there for LBs and this Klein, TX native is one still looking at us.

10. S - Gregory Barksdale

• 2 weeks later...

from ESPN: Defensive end Tobi Okuyemi (Plymouth, Minn./Wayzata) recently visited Notre Dame. The Irish have not offered to this point, but others have including Minnesota, Iowa, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Nebraska and Kentucky. Like Henderson and Allen, Okuyemi does not seem close to selecting a college.

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...