SIGNED DE Tobi Okuyemi

I don't think any of those players need to move to LB. I assume Rome is going to play DT along with Guy while a have also heard or read that Ashburn could also move to DT. Okuyemi and Vestel could very well be the only d ends so far. Since Turner is a senior and Allen will be a senior next year and we only took one DE last year I think we need at least three DE's this year.

Ankrah may also move inside, who knows. Do we start to see more DE's at NU playing more in the 275-290 range vs. the 250-265 range? Maybe Ashburn, Ankrah, etc. won't move inside? Will be interesting and fun to see them all sort this out. Good problem to have.

I don't think we will see DE that big as long as Pelini is here. He obviously likes a ton of speed on the field and they just don't make many 290 lbs DE that can move really well. Tyson Jackson was obviously pretty big but he was also the #3 overall pick in the draft. I think we will continue to see DE's in the 250-260 range, much like Allen, Turner, and Meredith.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Unless we get someone like Floyd then I don't see Baker moving. There is a pretty big drop off from Baker to T Moore IMO. I see Crick and Baker forming a semi Crick/Suh tandem for two years then Baker taking over as the dominant one and us shuffling in either Guy or Rome as that second guy. If we get Floyd then I would be much more comfortable having Crick and Floyd w Guy and Rome getting spot duty than I would having Crick and T Moore being the starters.

Unless we get someone like Floyd then I don't see Baker moving. There is a pretty big drop off from Baker to T Moore IMO. I see Crick and Baker forming a semi Crick/Suh tandem for two years then Baker taking over as the dominant one and us shuffling in either Guy or Rome as that second guy. If we get Floyd then I would be much more comfortable having Crick and Floyd w Guy and Rome getting spot duty than I would having Crick and T Moore being the starters.

baker did look pretty good this year, but i wouldn't write moore off just yet. he missed most of the year with an injury and is just getting back. i expect he'll get more snaps against arizona.

baker did look pretty good this year, but i wouldn't write moore off just yet. he missed most of the year with an injury and is just getting back. i expect he'll get more snaps against arizona.

I bet it will be based on a couple of things, first one will be how the O-Line looks in the Spring and the second will be how Moore, Randle, and Pensick look next to Crick. If Hardrick, Qvale, and Sirles make a big difference on the O-Line I am not sure Baker moves because you would get 3 years on the O-Line and since Hardrick will give you 2 and the others 4 more I don't know if you need to make that move. Also consider who they are bringing in and that Arod will be developed, hopefully, within the next 2 years to contribute and maybe Baker doesn't go. I just think it is a back up plan.

I bet it will be based on a couple of things, first one will be how the O-Line looks in the Spring and the second will be how Moore, Randle, and Pensick look next to Crick. If Hardrick, Qvale, and Sirles make a big difference on the O-Line I am not sure Baker moves because you would get 3 years on the O-Line and since Hardrick will give you 2 and the others 4 more I don't know if you need to make that move. Also consider who they are bringing in and that Arod will be developed, hopefully, within the next 2 years to contribute and maybe Baker doesn't go. I just think it is a back up plan.

if they do move him, i guarantee it will be before spring practice. otherwise there's no point.

if they do move him, i guarantee it will be before spring practice. otherwise there's no point.

Yeah, I know Dobson is good, but he can't work miracles. If there is a move it will be before spring ball.