SIGNED DT Jay Guy

Absolutely great news!

Heard he was the top DT on our board.

Great pickup. Hopefully one of many this week.

looking at the youtube clips and other things i can find mr. guy definetly deserves a 4 star from rivals... (has it from scout).... the guy is a beast and the 3 star thing is weak and in my opinon actaully is udnerratted by rivals.... a offer list like that only strenthens what you see on the field....

• 4 weeks later...

From Husker Journal:

NOVEMBER 29 2009. MESSAGE BOARDS

JAY GUY, DL, 6-1, 300, 5, ALDINE (EISENHOWER), TEXAS

“I liked everything, fans, coaches, atmosphere great program. Everything about it was great. I’m really excited about Nebraska I’m going up their midterm.” Guy said about his college choice to Nebraska

“I went to the Oklahoma game it was a good game. It was crazy 86,000 fans. Everybody was into it, fans knew who all the recruits that were there”

Fans Knew Welcomed Guy

“Many of the people in the crowd knew my name, knew who I was and wanted me to go there (Nebraska). Fans came up and talked to me and even wanted photo’s” Guy said

Husker Nation Support

“The facilities were some of the best in the country, all the donations, all the alumni. Nebraska really gives back, there you go.” Guy said

“Nebraska offered me in March that’s when I met Coach Mike Ekeler came by my school and spoke to me and all that. They (Nebraska) just stayed with me. Coach J P (Papuchis) was my recruiter. He’s a pretty cool guy, laid back down to earth.” Guy said

Pelini Brothers

“Oh yes, of course it did, it was a big influence. Both (Carl and Bo) Pelini were down to earth and straight forward.” Guy said about the Pelini brother’s defensive background

“Nebraska coaches say I’m quick off the ball for my size. They (Nebraska) look for play makers not just height and size. Just make plays.” Guy said

Met Tom Osborne

“I met Tom Osborne he and my family sat down and spoke to him. He’s a real good guy, real calm and laid back. That’s true what I can say about everybody down there.” Guy said

• 2 weeks later...