SIGNED DT Jay Guy

I was just looking around on the RSS on HI and it said "jay guy note". Is there anything new going on with him? All of this decommitting crap is freakin me out.

I wouldnt read too much into it. He said that he was very anxious to get on campus and start. He also said on his visit that he thinks that NU and the Brothers Pelini can get him to the next level.

He needs to lose about 20-25 lbs of bad weight and replace it with muscle.. I could see the staff having him drop 15lbs overall to increase his speed. He's a little slow in the trenches and needs to improve his strength before he'll see a lot of playing time.

He will be here in January which will help him tremendously IMO. Lets let Dodson and the staff decide what they want do with him. :)

Hey guys sorry I didn't give much info it was late last night... but I guess you'll just have to trust me.

I saw Jay Guy and he was just glowing and someone asked him if he was coming and he said "Yeah its official I just made the commitment"

Also just from seeing Guy I would say he definitely has a different body style than any of the DT's on the roster. Obviously he wasn't in pads, but he was much more "squatty" (shorter and thicker) than the other DT's who are mostly big 6"4 type guys. Not a knock on him at all just saying hes a different player than we have now.

His short height could be a positive if he utilizes it correctly. He seems explosive off the snap from what I saw on film. He'll just need some technique to go along with it.

• 3 weeks later...
Ndamukong Suh won't be back, but Nebraska has another Guy at defensive tackle hoping to give Texas fits.

Eisenhower's Jay Guy is big, smart, skilled and hungry to punish the Longhorns — his first love who high school coach Ray Evans says judged Guy too short to wear burnt orange.

“I'm from Houston, so that was always the first place for me to go as a Texas kid,” said Guy (6-2, 300 pounds). “But it didn't work out for me, and I'm happy where I'm at now.”

Where he's at — Guy has enrolled at Nebraska, has his first team meeting today and starts class Monday — isn't where he was going to be last year, when he committed to California.

Evans says the choice was based on academics at Cal. Guy graduated from high school this fall and will finish in the top 20 in his class.

But Guy says there's a more pressure-packed reason.

He received more than 30 offers after first drawing attention as a sophomore alongside highly recruited DT Rod Davis, now at Texas A&M, and he wanted to make sure he held on to at least one.

“Last year, with one of my quarterbacks, they took all of his offers away because he waited too long to commit, so I didn't want the same thing to happen to me,” Guy said.

Most schools backed off after the Cal commit, but Guy stayed in contact with Nebraska. He made his official visit for the Oklahoma-Nebraska game Nov. 6 and was blown away.

The Cornhuskers won 10-6, the stadium was packed, fans were in a frenzy, and most of all he fell in love with the staff, led by brothers Bo Pelini as coach and Carl Pelini, the defensive coordinator.

“They're brothers so they're real close, and they're real close to the players so they treat each player like they're family, and I like that,” Guy said. “When I need help, they're there for me.”

Guy switched commits after the visit. He can't sign until Feb. 3, but that didn't stop him from heading north. And from what Evans says, Carl Pelini couldn't be happier.

“He told me that Jay, technique-wise, is probably one of the best high school players he's seen in a long time,” Evans said.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/hso/6807813.html