signingday2010.png

Player: Donovan Vestal

Hometown: Arlington, TX

Position: DE

Height: 6'5"

Weight: 240 lbs.

40 time: 4.7

Visit Date: Big Red Camp

Scholarships: Arizona, Arkansas, Baylor, Houston, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Rice, SMU, UTEP

Favorites: Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Nebraska

COMMITTED TO NEBRASKA

Rivals: :star:star:star

Scout: :star:star:star

Defensive end Donovan Vestal told ESPN affiliate Web site TheShiver.com, "I love Kansas. I love everything about them. I just need to visit, which will happen after July 4th sometime. I haven't picked a date yet, and I need to speak with Coach Beaty, but I will visit."

Defensive end Donovan Vestal told ESPN affiliate Web site TheShiver.com, "I love Kansas. I love everything about them. I just need to visit, which will happen after July 4th sometime. I haven't picked a date yet, and I need to speak with Coach Beaty, but I will visit."

damn, what's to love? oh, i forgot, Magino, now there's a guy big enough to show him the love! :clap

will visit Nebraska along with Diamonte Wheeler at the end of July

rumor (ugh maybe should use another word) has it........

well supposedly Vestal and Wheeler loved their visit and give it 10/10

so take it for what it is.....

scout has a teaser saying we are tied at the top of his list. guess who we are tied with..........kansas.

scout has a teaser saying we are tied at the top of his list. guess who we are tied with..........kansas.

greeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttttt

hopefully with this recruiting deliema with help refocus the staff efforts in landing what ever top level talent is out there... or is still interested in our fine program....

Not sure what is going on with Vestal it has been rumored that he was going to commit to KU for the last week or two. He was suppose to be visiting KU Thursday or Friday.

Was going to commit sometime during Aug....will now probably take some visits.

We are in his top three and it sounds like we made a good impression.

Glad we got him up here.

Glad we got him up here.

heard some chatter that we are in the lead... as of this second

Glad we got him up here.

heard that myself. he said the nebraska staff convinced him to take all of his official visits before he commits anywhere. to me that makes it sound like he planned to commit to kansas before this weekend but the conversations with our staff had made it rethink who is in the lead....good news.

Glad we got him up here.

heard that myself. he said the nebraska staff convinced him to take all of his official visits before he commits anywhere. to me that makes it sound like he planned to commit to kansas before this weekend but the conversations with our staff had made it rethink who is in the lead....good news.

not nessarily this staff last year had a couple of recruits take more officals before commiting here.

I get the feeling that Wheeler will try to convince Vestal to come with him to OK State.

Yeah you have to think that is the case. I do like how rivals list NU as HIGH interest and every other school is medium or low. Obviously this doesn't include the latest development with Wheeler committing to Okie State.

I get the feeling that Wheeler will try to convince Vestal to come with him to OK State.

Yeah you have to think that is the case. I do like how rivals list NU as HIGH interest and every other school is medium or low. Obviously this doesn't include the latest development with Wheeler committing to Okie State.

HI has talked to Vestal after Wheeler announced. Sounds like he has definitive plans and a decision date. I don't have a subscription or anything, but my initial impression from reading the brief snippet was that we are in the drivers seat. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

supposedly Vestal said he is going to announce his decision on his birthday, the 22nd of August... that's before he takes any official... you have to think since he's seen both NU and KU and that NU leads, that he would announce he is coming here on Saturday.... We are also the only official he has scheduled....

supposedly Vestal said he is going to announce his decision on his birthday, the 22nd of August... that's before he takes any official... you have to think since he's seen both NU and KU and that NU leads, that he would announce he is coming here on Saturday.... We are also the only official he has scheduled....

ahhh yeah i'm keeping my fingers crossed

:restore:restore:restore:restore

Even if Vestal commits, I wouldn't think it would be a solid one. Him and Wheeler are teammates. Don't you think they want to play together at the next level? Wheeler has said from the beginning OK State is his favorite. You know how kids are. They will be playing side by side for the next year. I am sure they're bound to have this conversation over and over again.

Even if Vestal commits, I wouldn't think it would be a solid one. Him and Wheeler are teammates. Don't you think they want to play together at the next level? Wheeler has said from the beginning OK State is his favorite. You know how kids are. They will be playing side by side for the next year. I am sure they're bound to have this conversation over and over again.

Works both ways. That glass isn't half empty, it's half full.

It goes both ways. Lets say Okie St loses to Georgia out of the gate and doesn't recover and we make a run at the big 12 championship. If Vestel commits I would be willing to bet he would also be in Wheelers ear to at least take a visit, which from there obviously anything can happen.

edit: just beat me to it.

It goes both ways. Lets say Okie St loses to Georgia out of the gate and doesn't recover and we make a run at the big 12 championship. If Vestel commits I would be willing to bet he would also be in Wheelers ear to at least take a visit, which from there obviously anything can happen.

edit: just beat me to it.

+1 on that, it sounds like Vestal is really high on the Huskers which could be a good thing in getting Wheeler to reconsider. Wheeler did sound impressed with the Huskers so the season may make him more attentive to Vestal's pitch, here's to hoping Vestal commits!!!

good point...guess we'll just have to wait and see

good point...guess we'll just have to wait and see

well at this point he rates (according to rivals) as low in terms of interest so if anythign he isnt being influenced tooooo much right now.... sometimes you just gotta do whats best for yourself and go with a school you feel comfortable with....

If you had been reading the recruiting forums lately, you would know there is no room for you glass half full types around here. You better take all that positivity elsewhere! :LOLtartar

Rivals says he is goning to announce his college of choice on Saturday.

No whammies, no whammies, no whammies, no whammies!!!!!!

Classic!!!

Thanks, for some reason that post made me lol. I haven't thought about that show since I was a kid, great show!!

CATHYPYL.JPGWHAMMY4.JPG

Didn't mean to threadjack.

The rivals article makes it sound like his commitment to the Skers is a done deal!

:cheers until you are :wasted

KNOCKS ON WOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The rivals article makes it sound like his commitment to the Skers is a done deal!

:cheers until you are :wasted

KNOCKS ON WOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am staying as positive as i can and really hope Donovan committs... it would be a great away to close out this month and you know what they say good things come in three (Vestal Rome and our boy Curtis)

JHEAHHH one love from hawaii

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

AUGUST 19, 2009. PREP STAR

DONOVAN VESTAL, DE, 6-5, 240, 4.7, ARLINGTON (BOWIE), TEXAS

Might Commit By This Weekend

"I've narrowed it down to Kansas and Nebraska. I was thinking about committing on my birthday next week but I want to take my official visits first. I really don't know right now. I'm thinking about taking visits to both (Kansas and Nebraska) if I don't commit by this weekend. I do have a scheduled visit to Nebraska next month." Vestal said

''Not A Bad Seed On The Team"

"I went to Nebraska for junior days and I loved the atmosphere and everything. They have great facilities but I was not really looking at the facilities, I wanted to see how I connect with the coaches and players. All the players are down to earth and everything, just a great atmosphere. The players are smart kids and they know how to play ball like me. There is not a bad seed on the team." Vestal said

"Coach Beck (Nebraska) is recruiting me, that's my dude." says Vestal, "When you say coach Beck it's self explanatory. He's a great man to be around." Vestal said

He's My Brother

"Kansas like Nebraska, I feel love from the coaches. One of the players is my good friend he is up there now, Christian Matthews. He is my brother I grew up with him and he wants me to go to Kansas." Vestal said

"I've been to Kansas the campus is beautiful and the people in Lawrence are really nice. I like the stadium and the big hill next to it." Vestal added

well, we have a 50/50 chance, better than being in his top 10...but i don't know about this one either...wow, we just can't seem to land $hit for recruits right now.........OSU has 20 commits and they don't live near the bay or the mountains either.....weird.

AUGUST 19, 2009. PREP STAR

DONOVAN VESTAL, DE, 6-5, 240, 4.7, ARLINGTON (BOWIE), TEXAS

Might Commit By This Weekend

"I've narrowed it down to Kansas and Nebraska. I was thinking about committing on my birthday next week but I want to take my official visits first. I really don't know right now. I'm thinking about taking visits to both (Kansas and Nebraska) if I don't commit by this weekend. I do have a scheduled visit to Nebraska next month." Vestal said

''Not A Bad Seed On The Team"

"I went to Nebraska for junior days and I loved the atmosphere and everything. They have great facilities but I was not really looking at the facilities, I wanted to see how I connect with the coaches and players. All the players are down to earth and everything, just a great atmosphere. The players are smart kids and they know how to play ball like me. There is not a bad seed on the team." Vestal said

"Coach Beck (Nebraska) is recruiting me, that's my dude." says Vestal, "When you say coach Beck it's self explanatory. He's a great man to be around." Vestal said

He's My Brother

"Kansas like Nebraska, I feel love from the coaches. One of the players is my good friend he is up there now, Christian Matthews. He is my brother I grew up with him and he wants me to go to Kansas." Vestal said

"I've been to Kansas the campus is beautiful and the people in Lawrence are really nice. I like the stadium and the big hill next to it." Vestal added

This sounds like an older article than what has transpired this week. Even if this article was posted on August 19th, he had the interview the week prior. According to the articles posted on rivals THIS WEEK he sounds like he is leading toward the Skers. I think he is ours.