SIGNED DE Donovan Vestal

Was going to commit sometime during Aug....will now probably take some visits.

We are in his top three and it sounds like we made a good impression.

Glad we got him up here.

heard some chatter that we are in the lead... as of this second

heard that myself. he said the nebraska staff convinced him to take all of his official visits before he commits anywhere. to me that makes it sound like he planned to commit to kansas before this weekend but the conversations with our staff had made it rethink who is in the lead....good news.

Was going to commit sometime during Aug....will now probably take some visits.

We are in his top three and it sounds like we made a good impression.

Glad we got him up here.

heard some chatter that we are in the lead... as of this second

heard that myself. he said the nebraska staff convinced him to take all of his official visits before he commits anywhere. to me that makes it sound like he planned to commit to kansas before this weekend but the conversations with our staff had made it rethink who is in the lead....good news.

not nessarily this staff last year had a couple of recruits take more officals before commiting here.

I get the feeling that Wheeler will try to convince Vestal to come with him to OK State.

Yeah you have to think that is the case. I do like how rivals list NU as HIGH interest and every other school is medium or low. Obviously this doesn't include the latest development with Wheeler committing to Okie State.

HI has talked to Vestal after Wheeler announced. Sounds like he has definitive plans and a decision date. I don't have a subscription or anything, but my initial impression from reading the brief snippet was that we are in the drivers seat. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

supposedly Vestal said he is going to announce his decision on his birthday, the 22nd of August... that's before he takes any official... you have to think since he's seen both NU and KU and that NU leads, that he would announce he is coming here on Saturday.... We are also the only official he has scheduled....

ahhh yeah i'm keeping my fingers crossed

:restore:restore:restore:restore

Even if Vestal commits, I wouldn't think it would be a solid one. Him and Wheeler are teammates. Don't you think they want to play together at the next level? Wheeler has said from the beginning OK State is his favorite. You know how kids are. They will be playing side by side for the next year. I am sure they're bound to have this conversation over and over again.

Even if Vestal commits, I wouldn't think it would be a solid one. Him and Wheeler are teammates. Don't you think they want to play together at the next level? Wheeler has said from the beginning OK State is his favorite. You know how kids are. They will be playing side by side for the next year. I am sure they're bound to have this conversation over and over again.

Works both ways. That glass isn't half empty, it's half full.

It goes both ways. Lets say Okie St loses to Georgia out of the gate and doesn't recover and we make a run at the big 12 championship. If Vestel commits I would be willing to bet he would also be in Wheelers ear to at least take a visit, which from there obviously anything can happen.

edit: just beat me to it.

It goes both ways. Lets say Okie St loses to Georgia out of the gate and doesn't recover and we make a run at the big 12 championship. If Vestel commits I would be willing to bet he would also be in Wheelers ear to at least take a visit, which from there obviously anything can happen.

edit: just beat me to it.

+1 on that, it sounds like Vestal is really high on the Huskers which could be a good thing in getting Wheeler to reconsider. Wheeler did sound impressed with the Huskers so the season may make him more attentive to Vestal's pitch, here's to hoping Vestal commits!!!