SIGNED DE Donovan Vestal

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just read a short interview about this kid. It was conducted a couple days after the Holiday Bowl game and he was excited about being a Husker. Said he'll be in Lincoln the day after he graduates from HS this spring.

He also mentioned he's good friends with 2011 prospect, Jamal Turner. They're from the same city but play for different HS. Said he played against Jamal in HS and that he's a hell of a QB. He's hoping Jamal will be a Husker with him and said that chances are very good that he will be.

Overall Vestal seems like a cool kid. He's really looking forward to being a Blackshirt.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I am a little shocked, we all know that the Husker coaches are to busy on vacations and to busy not answering phone calls.

I sense the sarcasm. Its one recruit and there are two coaches that werent doing those things. Just the majority.

Two men.....John Papuchis

Tim Beck...

Thank you gentlemen!

WELCOME VESTAL!

Wait, I thought that Tim Beck wasn't pulling his weight as a recruiter, that is what all of the experts kept saying right? :sarcasm

Beck has never , ever been a problem..This is one player in a position of need, lets hope that things have gotten better as far as contact with players.

I can find several posts on several boards, including a couple by bigwillie on here, that indicate disappointment in Beck's results. I just find it odd is all as those a bunch of those posters are the same complaining about the recruiting situation lately, seems nothing pleases them but now they are singing Beck's praises. Anyway, I love this pick up and hopefully it gets us on a roll.

Well one way or another it looks like he helped bring one in. Like has been said , lets hope winning brings commits.

Tim Beck was the lead for Jamal Turner. If that is all he gets im ok with that.