QB Jesse Scroggins

Per ESPN:

"The Tennessee Volunteers may be gaining from USC's loss. Four-star QB Jesse Scroggins gave USC a deadline of Saturday morning until he decides to go elsewhere, the Los Angeles Times reports.

And Volunteers fans are abuzz because they feel as if they have the best chance to land him. Scroggins may also be considering Florida, LSU, Colorado and Nebraska."

I saw this too. Supposedly Urban Meyer contacted this kid over the weekend and told him he'd take him in a heartbeat. Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up at Florida.

Per ESPN:

"The Tennessee Volunteers may be gaining from USC's loss. Four-star QB Jesse Scroggins gave USC a deadline of Saturday morning until he decides to go elsewhere, the Los Angeles Times reports.

And Volunteers fans are abuzz because they feel as if they have the best chance to land him. Scroggins may also be considering Florida, LSU, Colorado and Nebraska."

I saw this too. Supposedly Urban Meyer contacted this kid over the weekend and told him he'd take him in a heartbeat. Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up at Florida.

Since he is no longer the head coach, is he able to recruit for Florida?

Per ESPN:

Since he is no longer the head coach, is he able to recruit for Florida?

I'm not sure how that all stacks up on paper? Depends what the terms & conditions for Leave of Absence requires in such matters. But it's a good question.

Jesse Scroggins called his shot Monday night: He will win a national championship at USC in 2012. Unless he decides to go elsewhere. The Lakewood High quarterback has imposed a Saturday morning deadline for the Trojans to name a replacement for Coach Pete Carroll, who has resigned to take the same post in the NFL with the Seattle Seahawks. If USC doesn't name a successor by then, Scroggins said, "I'm going to look for a college who could win the national championship in 2012."

can't really blame him, but kid has some spunk.

"Jesse is thrilled with the hire and is definitely a Trojan now," Lakewood coach Thad MacNeal said. "When he heard about the hire, he told me, 'coach, I'm staying home.' I never thought he would end up anywhere else. The depth chart really sets up well for Jesse and he's excited to be able to play for a great program close to home."