Player: Chase Rome

signingday2010.png

Hometown: Columbia, MO

Position: DE/DT

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 275 lbs.

40 time: 4.7

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, UCLA, Wisconsin, Iowa, Florida, South Carolina, Tennessee

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star:star

Big Red Report:

Assessing the talent: Per ESPN, "Rome plays defensive end in high school, but with his current build it is hard to imagine he will not grow into more of a defensive tackle's build and that is not really a bad thing. He is a tough player versus the run and you can envision him having success inside. He has a solid get-off. He is very good at playing with his hands and consistently will bring them when coming off the ball. He can engage and separate from a blocker. He plays with good pad level and can take on a blocker and hold his ground. At the end position he does a good job of feeling blocks and staying square and squeezing down. He is not a kid that will fly up-field and be a menacing presence, but he will be in position. Moves well laterally to play along the line of scrimmage. Displays solid straight line speed for his size. Does a good job of being able to shed from the blocker and is a solid tackler. He has a good motor and stays active and plays until the whistle...more here http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/t...amp;season=2010

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 20% We should have a good shot at this kid. I think the presence of Bo and our need at D-Line should make us attractive.

• 3 weeks later...

Player: Chase Rome

Hometown: Columbia, MO

Wow, if Missouri can't keep this kid, that would be really bad.

committed to Oklahoma State.

Wow, wonder what happened there. It's not like he picked Florida or ND over Mizzou.

All along Chase Rome has said Florida Gators was his favorite team. Chase moved to Columbia from Florida as an 8th graded. Not sure what happened on his visit to Florida but he left there and visited South Carolina. What was surprising was he enjoyed his visit and they thought they had a good shot at him, but then after getting back from South Carolina he committed to Oklahoma State. His father has been longtime friends with OSU associate Head Coach Joe Deforest. MU was never really a choice the kid didn’t want to stay in state.

• 2 months later...

I heard Chase was in Lincoln on Friday this week. Can anyone confirm this?

I would love to steal this kid if he opens up his recruiting again. Total stud with a high motor. His father got him involved in MMA fighting and training. :box

He also went to the Kansas camp on Saturday.

Word is he is using other camps to try to recruit players to OSU.

I heard Chase was in Lincoln on Friday this week. Can anyone confirm this?

I would love to steal this kid if he opens up his recruiting again. Total stud with a high motor. His father got him involved in MMA fighting and training. :box

He also went to the Kansas camp on Saturday.

Word is he is using other camps to try to recruit players to OSU.

Hhhhmmmm, if I was the Fat man I would be pissed!!!