Player: Chase Rome

signingday2010.png

Hometown: Columbia, MO

Position: DE/DT

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 275 lbs.

40 time: 4.7

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, UCLA, Wisconsin, Iowa, Florida, South Carolina, Tennessee

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star:star

Big Red Report:

Assessing the talent: Per ESPN, "Rome plays defensive end in high school, but with his current build it is hard to imagine he will not grow into more of a defensive tackle's build and that is not really a bad thing. He is a tough player versus the run and you can envision him having success inside. He has a solid get-off. He is very good at playing with his hands and consistently will bring them when coming off the ball. He can engage and separate from a blocker. He plays with good pad level and can take on a blocker and hold his ground. At the end position he does a good job of feeling blocks and staying square and squeezing down. He is not a kid that will fly up-field and be a menacing presence, but he will be in position. Moves well laterally to play along the line of scrimmage. Displays solid straight line speed for his size. Does a good job of being able to shed from the blocker and is a solid tackler. He has a good motor and stays active and plays until the whistle...more here http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/t...amp;season=2010

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 20% We should have a good shot at this kid. I think the presence of Bo and our need at D-Line should make us attractive.

He has a pretty nice offer list. Scout says he was pretty surprised to get the offer

Also #176 on rivals 250

Wow, if Missouri can't keep this kid, that would be really bad.

committed to Oklahoma State.

Wow, wonder what happened there. It's not like he picked Florida or ND over Mizzou.

Wow...a surprise get for Okie State...he seemed like a huge Florida lean.

I guess this is why we go after all the good ones....you just never know.

Wow, if Missouri can't keep this kid, that would be really bad.

committed to Oklahoma State.

Wow, wonder what happened there. It's not like he picked Florida or ND over Mizzou.

All along Chase Rome has said Florida Gators was his favorite team. Chase moved to Columbia from Florida as an 8th graded. Not sure what happened on his visit to Florida but he left there and visited South Carolina. What was surprising was he enjoyed his visit and they thought they had a good shot at him, but then after getting back from South Carolina he committed to Oklahoma State. His father has been longtime friends with OSU associate Head Coach Joe Deforest. MU was never really a choice the kid didn’t want to stay in state.

I heard Chase was in Lincoln on Friday this week. Can anyone confirm this?

I would love to steal this kid if he opens up his recruiting again. Total stud with a high motor. His father got him involved in MMA fighting and training. :box

He also went to the Kansas camp on Saturday.

I would love to steal this kid if he opens up his recruiting again. Total stud with a high motor. His father got him involved in MMA fighting and training. :box

Word is he is using other camps to try to recruit players to OSU.

Word is he is using other camps to try to recruit players to OSU.

Hhhhmmmm, if I was the Fat man I would be pissed!!!

everything i have heard is he is really solid to OSU. But a HS kid saying that now and switching his "commitment"...that would never happen. ;)

everything i have heard is he is really solid to OSU. But a HS kid saying that now and switching his "commitment"...that would never happen. ;)

it's...IMPOSSIBLE

i really don't think that word means what i think it does.

it's...IMPOSSIBLE

Inconceivable.

it's...IMPOSSIBLE

Inconceivable.

don't bet you're life on a game against a sicilian?

it's...IMPOSSIBLE

Inconceivable.

Only if death is on the line.

it's...IMPOSSIBLE

Inconceivable.

Only if death is on the line.

unless you're the dread pirate roberts.

According to Rivals he came along with Gabbert to Nebraska's junior day on Friday.

i bet gabbert is in his ear.......

Chase Rome you are my new obsession.... you know you'd love to come here and dominate

so lets make me happen BRAH!!!

CHEEEHEEEE

:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore

really not that bad of an idea to make your own site anyway. in this recruiting world, you gotta get your name out there.

This guy is confusing the hell out of me. He commits to Okie St. pretty much out of nowhere. Then goes to camps at other schools but rumor was he's doing that to pursuade other's to come to Okie St. Then he goes to our junior day? Does anyone know if he is seriously interested in NU or was this something to just stir the pot? I would love to have him and I think he could be a damn good DT seeing as he's already over 280 lbs.

This guy is confusing the hell out of me. He commits to Okie St. pretty much out of nowhere. Then goes to camps at other schools but rumor was he's doing that to pursuade other's to come to Okie St. Then he goes to our junior day? Does anyone know if he is seriously interested in NU or was this something to just stir the pot? I would love to have him and I think he could be a damn good DT seeing as he's already over 280 lbs.

I can't tell you what this guy is thinking but I do know him and Tyler Gabbert are good friends. Tyler is working him pretty hard to come to NU. Chase's dad said in a recent interview that Chase is still committed to OSU but has a couple things to work out over the next little while....whatever the heck that means. Let's just hope we have a good year on the field and turn some heads that way.

I can't tell you what this guy is thinking but I do know him and Tyler Gabbert are good friends. Tyler is working him pretty hard to come to NU. Chase's dad said in a recent interview that Chase is still committed to OSU but has a couple things to work out over the next little while....whatever the heck that means. Let's just hope we have a good year on the field and turn some heads that way.

I really wonder will happen in 2 months with the current OSU class if things don't get off to the start they anticipate there. Let's say they lose to UGA convincingly and lose to both UT and OU again, doesn't really show the progress as a program they are supposedly making does it?

That's kinda what I was thinking too. I want them to do well to make the big 12 look better but I want them to struggle so we might be able to get some recruits that were leaning there. Along with struggling they are going to be down much like KU will be after next year. Unless they have found some hidden gems and done a great job developing guys they don't have much after Robinson, Bryant, Hunter, and Okung who will more than likely all leave after this next year. I don't want to say they don't have anyone in waiting bc I have no idea, but it sure is going to be hard for them to get the same production they have while the big 3 have been there. Their d has never been too good so add in that fact with the fact that they will be looking for pretty much 95% of their offensive production they will be pretty far down in a touch division.

So you mean he is a solid verbal or he decommitted totally? He has had a few schools listed as "medium" interest on rivals for a while.

From what I have heard he is now re opening his recruitment back up and is now a Soft Verbal. I know he was taking other trips to schools but from what I have heard he really thinking about other schools and not just taking a free trip. I dont have access to the pay sites so I wasnt sure if the rumor was true or not but that is what I heard.

So you mean he is a solid verbal or he decommitted totally? He has had a few schools listed as "medium" interest on rivals for a while.

From what I have heard he is now re opening his recruitment back up and is now a Soft Verbal. I know he was taking other trips to schools but from what I have heard he really thinking about other schools and not just taking a free trip. I dont have access to the pay sites so I wasnt sure if the rumor was true or not but that is what I heard.

AHHH nice

this is some good news indeed....

just think of it you and your boy Gabbart coming to lincoln together.... learning from some of the best

the game day atmosphere......

all the epic times you'll have

the support you'll have for life from ALL of nebraska faithful

its a no brainer!!

CHase you're the man so lets come to nebraska!!!

It is pretty clear that NU's biggest recruiting tool is gameday, this is a great sign. There are not to many stadiums where fans will be cheering the recruits names when they are at the game.

It is pretty clear that NU's biggest recruiting tool is gameday, this is a great sign. There are not to many stadiums where fans will be cheering the recruits names when they are at the game.

saw on rivals that he is listed as SOFT VERBAL now OK state...

dont know how long this has been but its still nevertheless good news... and with no other visitor lined up.. who knows!!!

shoooooooooottttttttttttssssssssssss

This guy could also be our big time DT for this year. He's already pretty big and if we can get Mobley, Vestel, and Carter I would think he would be damn set at DT. Line him up with Baker, Meredith, Williams, or possibly Ankrah and I would be damn satisfied.

I'd be trying like hell to get his supposed boy Tyler Gabbert in on that date one way or another. :snacks:

someone email Ted Gilmore STAT!!!!!!!!

oh and let him know about wheeler and vestal too.....

saw on rivals that he is listed as SOFT VERBAL now OK state...

dont know how long this has been but its still nevertheless good news... and with no other visitor lined up.. who knows!!!

shoooooooooottttttttttttssssssssssss

Glad to hear that the rumors where correct. Looks like having a QB in his ear is helping him make sure he is making the best choice for him and his college years.

Bryan Munson figures we're probably done with Rome now that Ashburn has committed. Probably means we're fairly selective with our DEs from here on out.

I thought we were recruiting him for DT

I honestly don't know. Munson just said that he was pretty sure Rome would 'reaffirm' his commitment to Okie Lite and that would be that as far as we're concerned. Could be he's not aware of what you mentioned.

I thought we were recruiting him for DT

I honestly don't know. Munson just said that he was pretty sure Rome would 'reaffirm' his commitment to Okie Lite and that would be that as far as we're concerned. Could be he's not aware of what you mentioned.

I think we can agree that there are a lot of mixed reports coming from this kid. He may reaffirm his commitment but why is he still visiting us then? does he really want to see what we can do against lousiana lafayette?