SIGNED DE/DT Chase Rome

He really enjoyed the trip and I like the chances. He rated the visit a 7 or 8 (kinda low from what his quotes say...).

Best quote:

"Coach 'J.P.' (John Papuchis) is my lead recruiter and we have a really good relationship," Rome said. "We talk frequently. I'd say my relationship with him is unique to any of the others I have with the other schools."

He goes on to say that Nebraska fans are the best in the country and he could see himself playing for our coaches. Says he is still trying to figure out which way he is leaning.

His host was Will Compton and he really likes him and relates to him.

He plans on taking visits to OSU and possibly Tennessee. He also says he will make a final decision most likely within the next 30 days.

Him finishing his visits tells a tale here. I hope that I am wrong but the 7 or 8 also speaks out.

Agreed about the 7 or 8 speaking out but his quotes make it sound like we are as high as anyone else. I like how he is "picturing" himself as a Husker.

Obviously, there is still a lot to play out.....let's just hope for some good play on the field and some good luck with Rome....the rest will fall into place.

Him finishing his visits tells a tale here. I hope that I am wrong but the 7 or 8 also speaks out.

Agreed about the 7 or 8 speaking out but his quotes make it sound like we are as high as anyone else. I like how he is "picturing" himself as a Husker.

Obviously, there is still a lot to play out.....let's just hope for some good play on the field and some good luck with Rome....the rest will fall into place.

That and Kiffen not filling this young man with his rubbish. We are in a dogfight with this one.

i sure hope so.. tennesse sucks rocky top oysters...........

as for that prick lick kiffin.. we are gonna have to tolerate him and his antics and recruting... see a lot of BC parrallels between the two.... i predict he'll be gone some time in the future... either for being a sh**ty coach or get booted for some serious NCAAA rule breaking......

i was a little bummed out by the ranking too... but ya gotta look at the big picture and i am encouraged that Rome showed up and had a lot of positive things to say.. Nebraska has the substance.... i think it we would be a great fit for Rome...

BUT if he is gonna make a choice in 20 days i haven't seen him listed to make any other visits......

as for that prick lick kiffin.. we are gonna have to tolerate him and his antics and recruting... see a lot of BC parrallels between the two.... i predict he'll be gone some time in the future... either for being a sh**ty coach or get booted for some serious NCAAA rule breaking......

i was a little bummed out by the ranking too... but ya gotta look at the big picture and i am encouraged that Rome showed up and had a lot of positive things to say.. Nebraska has the substance.... i think it we would be a great fit for Rome...

BUT if he is gonna make a choice in 20 days i haven't seen him listed to make any other visits......

Says hes going to Okie lite and Tenn yet.

To clairify, he hasn't set up either visit yet. His quote said something like, "I trying to set one up with Okie Lite and mabye take one to Tenn."

To clairify, he hasn't set up either visit yet. His quote said something like, "I trying to set one up with Okie Lite and mabye take one to Tenn."

maybe's are always good..... i think the guy is torn... i think he's got people close to him saying okie lite is the place to be but the kid really isn't sure and with all the visits back it sounds like he might be trying to see what other peopel want him to see... say go with your heart Rome and come to nebraska

Watched big red wrap up last night and Sean Callahan was on there. He was talking about Rome and said he thinks that we are almost in the drivers seat but he might be playing a little bit of a poker face at this point. We just need to keep winning and I think the recruits will be beating down the door. It also appears that Beck may just be the recruiter we thought he was going to be with his recent run of officials out of florida.

Watched big red wrap up last night and Sean Callahan was on there. He was talking about Rome and said he thinks that we are almost in the drivers seat but he might be playing a little bit of a poker face at this point.

translation: i have no idea what this kid's thinking, but i'm going to spew out some BS anyways.