SIGNED DE/DT Chase Rome

He isn't dumb, he knows that everyone (including the Okie State coaches) are going to read the report...

What do you think Pelini would say if we had a commit take another visit and then rate it as a "10"?

interesting way to look at things........

Watched big red wrap up last night and Sean Callahan was on there. He was talking about Rome and said he thinks that we are almost in the drivers seat but he might be playing a little bit of a poker face at this point. We just need to keep winning and I think the recruits will be beating down the door. It also appears that Beck may just be the recruiter we thought he was going to be with his recent run of officials out of florida.

Wasn't Beck supposed to be a Texas connection? Good news in any case.

I still worry about Rome going to Fla. He went down there in February and the rumor was that although there was an offer, Fla didn't want to formalize it at that time. Within a week or two Chase went down and signed with OKie Lite where his family had connections. I don't know anything about the Fla recruiting situation, other than they get about anybody they want, but if the bridges have not been burned and they would express interest in having Rome become a Gator, I wonder if he wouldn't go that route. His family lived in Fla until a couple years ago. If he doesn't come to Lincoln, florida would be a good place for him.

Has anyone heard how he is doing this season playing? If he is totally dominating things as he should, I could see Florida stepping in. Any recent news on Chase's on field his senior year?

If we locked him up would we be done on the D-line this season? Or would we make room for a big time guy?

I think they will still look for 1-2 more DT's. Rome is a tweener, is DE that may play DT so I think they would want someone who will definitely play DT to go along with Rome and the other 2 DE's.

If we locked him up would we be done on the D-line this season? Or would we make room for a big time guy?

I think they will still look for 1-2 more DT's. Rome is a tweener, is DE that may play DT so I think they would want someone who will definitely play DT to go along with Rome and the other 2 DE's.

i wonder if a win over mizz will open the flood gates for a lot of the higher up recruits like rome and all da florida boys..........

anyone know whats going on with chase rome?

Word is he was at the game tonight, gotta think our D made a strong impression.

I sure hope so. I had a couple friends(Texas fans) over to watch the game and they came away very impressed with our D.

Especially how the Pelini Brothers develop D-Linemen. All 4 looked good, you couldn't say that 2 years ago.