SIGNED DE/DT Chase Rome

This story has to be inaccurate. We just got a ten-day education from our Missouri visitors about how they're not going to lose in-state guys to us anymore, and how they're the new power in the North, and that they've got more to offer recruits than we do.

Either this story is wrong or our visiting Missouregians were wrong. And I can't remember the last time they told us anything that was wrong... ?

:)

Player: Chase Rome

Hometown: Columbia, MO

Position: DE/DT

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 275 lbs.

40 time: 4.7

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Wisconsin, Iowa, Florida, South Carolina

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star:star

Big Red Report:

Assessing the talent: Per ESPN, "Rome plays defensive end in high school, but with his current build it is hard to imagine he will not grow into more of a defensive tackle's build and that is not really a bad thing. He is a tough player versus the run and you can envision him having success inside. He has a solid get-off. He is very good at playing with his hands and consistently will bring them when coming off the ball. He can engage and separate from a blocker. He plays with good pad level and can take on a blocker and hold his ground. At the end position he does a good job of feeling blocks and staying square and squeezing down. He is not a kid that will fly up-field and be a menacing presence, but he will be in position. Moves well laterally to play along the line of scrimmage. Displays solid straight line speed for his size. Does a good job of being able to shed from the blocker and is a solid tackler. He has a good motor and stays active and plays until the whistle...more here http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/t...amp;season=2010

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 20% We should have a good shot at this kid. I think the presence of Bo and our need at D-Line should make us attractive.

:hellloooo I love it, taking one right out from under Missouri's nose IN Missouri!! It just don't get better than this! I think Bo has made his mark with this game in Missouri...recruiting will only get better. This kid looks like a monster. :)

:hellloooo I love it, taking one right out from under Missouri's nose IN Missouri!! It just don't get better than this! I think Bo has made his mark with this game in Missouri...recruiting will only get better. This kid looks like a monster. :)

Don't get too excited, Missouri clearly didn't want him THAT much. I mean, what Missouri recruit would EVER want to go to Nebraska. Mizzou does own Nebraska now, after all. Just look at the way the bea... oh ya...

:sarcasm

In all seriousness now, I think this kid is going to be a HUGE get for us. Seems like a great prospect.

awesome news great pick up

mr rome must have been at the game, and liked what he saw from the huskers. maybe some of the decommits might come back onboard again, hopefully..chase would probably get to play quicker at nu than if he went to ou or florida. unless he has closed the book on recruiting, there will be lots of pressure from other schools...but being close to his home in columbia sure does help

now if nu can stick it to kansas,,might get some of the kansas youngsters rethinking...this is a must win....nu does look stronger this year than last

awesome news great pick up

mr rome must have been at the game, and liked what he saw from the huskers. maybe some of the decommits might come back onboard again, hopefully..chase would probably get to play quicker at nu than if he went to ou or florida. unless he has closed the book on recruiting, there will be lots of pressure from other schools...but being close to his home in columbia sure does help

now if nu can stick it to kansas,,might get some of the kansas youngsters rethinking...this is a must win....nu does look stronger this year than last

he is quoted of saying "that's it i'm done no more calls. i will go to nebraska"

now the big question, how does this affect t gabba gabba. time to ask in his thread i suppose.