SIGNED DE/DT Chase Rome

Anyone else excited about Mr. Rome coming to NU? He'll be here in January. Looking forward to seeing him play in the Red/White game. I have a feeling he'll be making a HUGE impact in the next few years. He seems like he has a good attitude and is willing to learn and grow. I see BIG things for this kid's future under the Pelini Administration.

As mentioned above, don't forget to check out his videos.

http://chaserome.com/chaserome/Videos.html

I'm stoked about this kid. I think this kid will be a beast. Plus, I love the fact that we got him right out of Pinkel's backyard.

I hear ya. I remember reading an interview shortly after he committed to NU saying that he hopes to play in the NFL and felt that the Pelini Bros. could help him get there. He seems like a goal-oriented kid, which is a plus.

Jay Guy said the exact same thing. I love the fact that they are both going to be on campus in January. This will add to the competition.

Chase Rome is the man. He will do to Gabbert Jr what Suh did to Big Gabbert

I think Rome's chances of playing against Big Gabbert is far greater than playing against Lil' Gabbert. By the sounds of it, some MU fans don't think Lil' Gabbert will beat out James Franklin for the starting spot after Big Gabbert leaves the program.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Rome's chances of playing against Big Gabbert is far greater than playing against Lil' Gabbert. By the sounds of it, some MU fans don't think Lil' Gabbert will beat out James Franklin for the starting spot after Big Gabbert leaves the program.

He's a very bright kid for his age, and the fact that he's moving onto campus tomorrow certainly helps his chances of contributing immediately. He was also very mature, humble yet confident, as well as funny in the interview he did with 1620. If I could give him one piece of advice, it would be to turn down his radio.

1/6, Segment 12

He's a very bright kid for his age, and the fact that he's moving onto campus tomorrow certainly helps his chances of contributing immediately. He was also very mature, humble yet confident, as well as funny in the interview he did with 1620. If I could give him one piece of advice, it would be to turn down his radio.

1/6, Segment 12

Thanks for the link.

I'm looking forward to seeing Rome on the line. I was impressed with his film. He should excel under the Pelini Administration.

On a plane flight from St. Louis to CA last month I was seated next to a high school senior from Columbia, MO. We got to talking and I found out he was a huge Mizzou football fan. I told him that Nebraska had a commit from Columbia named Chase Rome and he immediately jumped in and said, "Oh yeah, that guy is an absolute beast. Our high schools are rivals and he single-handedly beat my school, playing both offense and defense. Everyone in town was so pissed when the best player in Columbia decided to play for Nebraska." I couldn't stop smiling the rest of the flight.

I had totally forgotten that Rome played offense too, but then I went back and watched his film and sure enough, there he was playing DE and QB! Maybe our coaches will find a use for him in goal line situations in the next few years.

On a plane flight from St. Louis to CA last month I was seated next to a high school senior from Columbia, MO. We got to talking and I found out he was a huge Mizzou football fan. I told him that Nebraska had a commit from Columbia named Chase Rome and he immediately jumped in and said, "Oh yeah, that guy is an absolute beast. Our high schools are rivals and he single-handedly beat my school, playing both offense and defense. Everyone in town was so pissed when the best player in Columbia decided to play for Nebraska." I couldn't stop smiling the rest of the flight.

I had totally forgotten that Rome played offense too, but then I went back and watched his film and sure enough, there he was playing DE and QB! Maybe our coaches will find a use for him in goal line situations in the next few years.

Cool story.

I wonder if Romes family will be treated like McNeils was last year.

Good question. I hadn't thought of that. I hope not, but I would imagine it would be considered much worse for a kid from Columbia to go to NU than a kid from St. Louis.

They play in Lincoln this year, Mizzwho won't have any fans left the year after that, nothing to worry about :w00t