SIGNED DE/DT Chase Rome

I wonder if Romes family will be treated like McNeils was last year.

Good question. I hadn't thought of that. I hope not, but I would imagine it would be considered much worse for a kid from Columbia to go to NU than a kid from St. Louis.

They play in Lincoln this year, Mizzwho won't have any fans left the year after that, nothing to worry about :w00t

yes, i think i saw that piece on the discovery channel too, about the pending extinction of the struttin' loudmouthed mizzou fan.

we can dream, right?

Chase seems solid. His interview was telling, and he took jokes just as well as he gave them with Mike'l and Kevin.

There is another article regarding Rome on huskerpedia.com and the more I hear from this kid the more excited I get. He has a certain hard nosed, attitude about him that not many kids his age have. He is almost like a quiet killer in a sense that the article makes him sound and even the way he is quoted like he can just turn a switch on and off like its no big deal. I am really looking forward to what Rome can do this coming fall.

Oh I absolutely have as well. He was one of the players I wanted most in this class. I'm just saying that since he has done some more interviews for the OWH and 1620 I have gotten even more excited.

I agree. His 1620 interview was good. Another thing that doesn't get talked about with him is how fast he is. For a kid his size, his speed is crazy.

Ya what does he run like a 4.7? I really think this kid is going to be the next stud DL. I think the winter conditioning will have him at about 295 of good weight and he will be ready to rock next year.

I don't know if he's a true 4.7, but he's close enough to it. Either way, I'm judging his speed by the film I've seen. He's very quick for a big guy. If you haven't already, check out his personal website. He's got good footage there. www.chaserome.com

Yeah I have never liked scout. They have Harvey Jackson as a 4 star while rivals has him as a mid-level 3 star. The stars that scout gave us for last years recruiting class were also ridiculous. Anyways, congrats Rome for being an elite prospect. Hopefully he can do big things.

If i remember right.. someone did a comparison on scout and rivals awhile back and scout actually turned out to be SLIGHTLY better than rivals when projecting talent. but i dont know for sure, might of been somethin else.

oh, and i saw rome @ the bowl yesterday. whoopdee doo i know but oh well, im bored and needed somethin else to add to this post

• 2 weeks later...