ATH Dietrich Riley

Player: Dietrich Riley

Hometown: La Canada, CA

Position: ATH

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 189 lbs

40 time:

Visit Date: TBD

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Arizona, Arizona State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Tennesee, USC, UCLA, Washington

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:rating.gifrating.gifrating.gifrating.gif

Scout:rating.gifrating.gifrating.gifrating.gif

ESPN Grade:

Assessing the talent:

"Riley is truly an amazing athlete. He has good size and is extremely active both sides of the football. Possesses all the ball skills and football instincts to be a difference maker. As a running back displays great vision and makes cuts while accelerating; reads the hole from tackle to tackle or bounces the ball outside. Makes defenders miss in the openfield and can run through an arm tackle; has little wasted motion. Has exceptional quickness and a burst. Catches the ball well out of the backfield on the flare and flat routes and can turn a short catch into six points. As a wide receiver, has soft and reliable hands; shows the ability to snatch the ball out of the air and get north and south in a hurry. Has excellent leaping ability and can go up to high point the ball as a receiver or as a safety. Very dangerous with the ball in his hands; big play maker. Tremendous instincts as a defensive back; reads and reacts instantly. Breaks quickly on run support and doesn't shy away from delivering on the ball carrier or receiver. Takes good angles and transitions in the openfield; turns his hips and changes direction fluidly. Displays closing and catch up speed; runs down ball carriers that break contain or receivers from the opposite side of the field. Has the ability to run by tacklers on defense and blockers on offense. A smooth and fluid athlete with a ton of natural talent; does things that can't be coached. Riley is one of those rare athletes that truly could line up either side of the football and be a success. He should play very early in his collegiate career."

- from ESPN

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 2%

DIETRICHRILEY09AC200.JPG

I guess ESPN loves him. Will he for sure be a RB at the next level?

I think Oklahoma offered as well. Another tough get. Will be nice when Nebraska pulls in another one of these 2010 guys. The one advantage Nebraska might have is probably taking only 1 RB in this class. Being able to tell a kid your the guy makes a difference.

I guess ESPN loves him. Will he for sure be a RB at the next level?

I think Oklahoma offered as well. Another tough get. Will be nice when Nebraska pulls in another one of these 2010 guys. The one advantage Nebraska might have is probably taking only 1 RB in this class. Being able to tell a kid your the guy makes a difference.

I think he could go either way. I'll change his entry to ATH.

• 5 months later...

Athlete Dietrich Riley (La Canada, Calif./ St. Francis) picked up a big offer out of the ACC and is hopeful one of his top schools out of Big 10 country could be offering shortly as well.

Riley is already holding offers from just about every top school out West and he's starting to draw more and more interest from outside the region as well.

"Florida State just offered me Sunday," Riley said. "It was kind of unexpected because I hadn't heard a lot from them but I'm definitely interested and wanted to take a trip out there. I know Florida State used to be one of the top teams in the country but they have struggled lately. They need some speed and I think I could bring that to them."

Riley has yet to set up any of his official visits, but if one of his favorites out of the Midwest offers, he'll start the trip process soon after.

"I'm waiting on Ohio State." Riley said. "They're really high on my list and I heard they could be close to offering. If they offer, I'm definitely going to visit there and that's when I'll start to set up my other trips too so right now, I'm just being patient and waiting things out."

In the meantime, Riley plans to check out fall practices for both USC and UCLA in the coming weeks.

"I'm going to UCLA this Sunday," Riley said. "I like coach [Rick] Neuheisel a lot and I really think UCLA is on the rise. Just give them a few years and they're going to be good. USC is already a big-time program and I've been up there several times already.

"I camped with them this summer and really enjoyed working with the coaches. Hopefully I'll get my visits set up by the end of the summer and then take some visits during the season."

Link

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...