SIGNED DE Walker Ashburn

Reminds me of Cameron Meredith's story. Comes from a big time HS program with great coaching, very underrecruited.

Very true. Funny how Bo and Co seem to find these guys. PJ Smith and Eric Martin are two others that should have been more heavily recruited.

Pete Carroll missed out on Eric Martin and he knew it.

In the final Rivals ranking Walker was the #50 ranked SDE. Vestal was ranked 30th.

They only rank 50.

The last 4th star is #19.

Looks like he will not be getting bumped up too high in their rankings.

Once again, Crabtree blowing smoke up our @$$3$

I'm a little upset that none of them moved up either, but if we are nit picking then I believe Ashburn moved up from a 5.5 three star to a 5.6 three star. Not a lot but it's a minor jump. I am very shocked Guy didn't move up at all. He has a hell of a long offer list and his highlights are amazing.

I'm a little upset that none of them moved up either, but if we are nit picking then I believe Ashburn moved up from a 5.5 three star to a 5.6 three star. Not a lot but it's a minor jump. I am very shocked Guy didn't move up at all. He has a hell of a long offer list and his highlights are amazing.

Reguarding Jay Guy:

I think he committed to Cal too early in the process. If when he committed to NU would have been his first committment to a school I think he would have been a 4 star kid. Another thing that was mentioned as a knock on him is that his is only in the 6ft2 6ft1 range. If he were 6ft4 ish he would have been much higher.

Reguarding Jay Guy:

I think he committed to Cal too early in the process. If when he committed to NU would have been his first committment to a school I think he would have been a 4 star kid. Another thing that was mentioned as a knock on him is that his is only in the 6ft2 6ft1 range. If he were 6ft4 ish he would have been much higher.

People forget that some of the most dominant DT's in college football are shorter than 6'4". Glenn Dorsey is 6'1" while Warren Sapp is 6'2". Jay Guy's physique is eerily similar to that of Dorsey. One advantage of being a short, stout defender is being able to get underneath tall OL blockers and moving them at will.

Reguarding Jay Guy:

People forget that some of the most dominant DT's in college football are shorter than 6'4". Glenn Dorsey is 6'1" while Warren Sapp is 6'2". Jay Guy's physique is eerily similar to that of Dorsey. One advantage of being a short, stout defender is being able to get underneath tall OL blockers and moving them at will.

Good point.

• Fire 1

Reguarding Jay Guy:

Which is why I think Jake Cotton won't succeed at D-Line. Imo at 6'6 (His 6'7 was an over measure) he is a fit for the O-line or if he maintains his lanky build a tall TE.

I'd heard previously that 6'2 is actually a more optimal height for a DT, because the lower height gives them easier leverage against the OL they go up against. I think the Patriots prefer their DTs to be this size, but then, they do run a different system there than most.

I think once you're in the 6'5+ range though, that's on the 'almost too tall' side of things...so with 6'2, I can't really complain.