SIGNED CB Ciante Evans

:star :star :star #37 CB/:star :star :star 5.7 #44 CB/:star :star :star 76 #45 CB -- N!

ESPN says:

Evans is a well-rounded defensive back with good skill-set and physical tools to develop at the next level. Is long with better-than-adequate height and looks more developed than his listed measurables. Is lean though with marginal bulk and power. Uses hands well jamming receivers off the line and taking away leverage but needs to continue filling out and improve upper-body strength. Shows a bit of stiffness at times but flips his hips, opens and redirects sharply mirroring off the line for a taller, high-cut corner. Displays good overall footwork and polished technique. Recovers quickly and can be difficult to create separation on with his body length and proper positioning. Shows promising ability as an underneath zone corner once he fills out. Anticipates the pass and shows above average burst and breaking quickness jumping and often undercutting the perimeter throw. Shows very good ball skills and soundly tracks the downfield throw. More

i dont post much just read most of the time, i think its really funny how people were doubting this staff and now that they are on a hot streak everyone that was hating them and ready to change recruting coordinator/roll heads is now looking really dumb. Our staff obviously has a recruiting plan and whatever it is i fully trust them. Good grab this guy is a stud, goes to hs with my cousin and ive heard alot.

everyone that was hating them and ready to change recruting coordinator/roll heads is now looking really dumb.

If you read further you will see that every doubter agreed that when we started winning the recruits would come.

I still think that the ball was dropped early on. Luckily for us, we are putting a good product on the field and it is looking like the staff has got it together.

BTW I am thrilled to have Ciante. Welcome to the Husker Nation!

Couldn't find much of anything on this guy ... except for the same article Ohio Pete posted.

Here's a link about the team he is from ... http://www.star-telegram.com/highschools/story/1540869.html

He is quoted in the article as saying, "I just want our team to have that work ethic and practice hard so we can get past the second round." — CB Ciante Evans

Don't know if I'd say this is a "good get" ... but it is a player and he has potential according to the article. Sounds like he has desire and some leadership abilities.

Last year their team lost 44-0 in the second round to Denton Guyor ... ouch!

Hope to find more info and video's here soon. We will see.

SheepdogMark

Couldn't find much of anything on this guy ... except for the same article Ohio Pete posted.

Here's a link about the team he is from ... http://www.star-telegram.com/highschools/story/1540869.html

He is quoted in the article as saying, "I just want our team to have that work ethic and practice hard so we can get past the second round." — CB Ciante Evans

Don't know if I'd say this is a "good get" ... but it is a player and he has potential according to the article. Sounds like he has desire and some leadership abilities.

Last year their team lost 44-0 in the second round to Denton Guyor ... ouch!

Hope to find more info and video's here soon. We will see.

SheepdogMark

"Good gets" can't really be determined until they step on the field regardless of star ranking or whatever criteria you are using to judge Ciante. As for the playoff loss, keep in mind that Adam Carriker's team went winless his senior season. He seemed to work out okay for us.