S Sean Parker

Sean Parker took his second official visit this season to Cal this past weekend. The standout defensive back had earlier visited Notre Dame.

Parker is the No. 4 ranked safety in the nation and has offers from schools from coast to coast. Cal has been high on his list since the spring and had their chance to impress over the weekend.

"The Cal trip was a lot of fun," Parker said. "I really enjoyed myself and I got to see a lot of things that impressed me. They have a beautiful campus and I really enjoyed going in to the city and seeing how nice San Francisco is. We did that on Sunday and it was a great time.

"My host was Vachel Samuels and I've known him for awhile. He's a cool dude and all the players treated the recruits very well. That was fun hanging out with everyone and getting to know some of the other guys better.

"Even though the game didn't go well, I still like Cal's defense and feel I would fit in there very well. That's what I do when I watch a game now, I try and visualize how I would look playing safety in that defense and I think I would fit in well at Cal because their defense is a similar system to what we do in high school, so there's a comfort level already"

Parker said although USC (Cal's opponent over the weekend) is another school he's looking at, during the game, he focused primarily on the Golden Bears.

"I wanted to give Cal my full attention," Parker said. "I already know a lot about USC so I was all about Cal this time and focusing on how I would fit there, both football wise and how I would fit in as a regular student.

"So far, I think both Notre Dame and Cal are great fits for me. I was very comfortable at both schools and now I just have to do more research on them to see where the best fit for me is. I haven't set up any other trips right now but I do plan on taking all five before I make my decision."

• 1 month later...

Narbonne (Los Angeles) defensive back Sean Parker took his third official visit to Michigan this past weekend after earlier visiting Notre Dame and Cal.

"It was a good visit, I would call it my best visit so far," Parker said. "All the visits are similar in a lot of ways with the campus tours and meeting the academic people. This was my visit where I didn't see a football game since the season is over but we did see a basketball game for a half and that was cool.

"Overall, I loved the facilities and they have great academics at Michigan as well. It can get cold but it's not a big deal for me, it's nothing I can't overcome. I like Coach (Rich) Rodriguez and I like the opportunity to play early as well so Michigan definitely has a lot of pluses for me."

Parker said he would still like to take one last official visit but has no plans for a decision any time soon.

"I still plan to check out Oregon," Parker said. "I haven't set that date yet but plan to soon. I'm also going to visit USC and then I'll have plenty of time to make my decision as I plan to wait until Signing Day.

"I haven't had any home visits yet but that will happen after our season. We play Crenshaw (Los Angeles) this Saturday for the city championship and I'm real excited about that. After this game, I'll focus a little more on recruiting but right now, it's mostly on Crenshaw."

• 2 weeks later...

Narbonne (Harbor City, Calif.) defensive back Sean Parker has taken official visits to Cal, Notre Dame and Michigan and was planning to take a visit to Oregon. Those plans have changed and the talented safety said he's down to three schools right now.

Parker is a tremendous talent at safety and had a very good year on both sides of the ball. He led his Gaucho squad to the city finals before falling to a strong Crenshaw team last weekend. Still, Parker impressed and showed why he's one of the elite prospects in the nation.

"I'm done with visits, it's USC, Michigan and Notre Dame right now," Parker said. "My plan is still the same as it has been the whole year, wait until Signing Day and then announce. I loved my visits to Michigan and Notre Dame and I've been to USC a number of times so I don't think I need to take another visit there.

"Michigan is recruiting me the hardest right now. That was also my favorite trip and I'm very high on them. I haven't talked to Brian Kelly at Notre Dame yet but he did leave me a message and I need to call him back.

"USC probably calls every other week or so and I definitely have a lot of interest. It's the local school and I'm comfortable with a lot of the players there. It's going to be a tough decision, all three are great schools and that's why I want to take as much time as possible before I commit anywhere. I'm not dragging it out or anything for suspense, I just want to be sure I'm doing the right thing."

• 4 weeks later...

Parker, one of the hardest hitting safeties in the country, narrowed his choices to three schools, USC, Michigan and Cal.

"To be honest, I don't know a lot about Lane Kiffin," Parker said. "I know more about his dad than I do him. Monte Kiffin has a good reputation as a DC but this doesn't really move SC up or down for me, I'm looking at the same as I always have.

"This has all been a process for me narrowing my list to these final three schools and coach Kiffin and the rest of the staff coming is just another feature to look at. It's all part of the evaluation process for me and I still plan to wait until signing day before I make my decision and all these coaching changes are exactly why I wanted to wait as long as possible."

Parker has officially visited Michigan and Cal, but has yet to visit USC, although he has taken numerous unofficial visits to the school over the last two years. Could he head over to the campus this weekend?

"I might do that but I'm not sure," Parker said. "I haven't heard from anyone from the new staff yet so I don't know what's going on there. I talked to coach (Jethro) Franklin yesterday but he didn't really know what was going on. It was before coach Kiffin was hired and I have no idea if they even plan to keep him on the staff right now."

• 2 weeks later...

Sean Parker took an official visit this past weekend to USC hoping to learn more about the new coaching staff...“Sean told me his trip went well, his host was Byron Jr. and he enjoyed hanging out with the guys,” Narbonne assistant football coach Byron Moore Sr. said...While on the visit, Parker was also able to sit down with new USC defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin, a man that he greatly respects.

“He said meeting Monte Kiffin was probably the second highlight of the trip (next to touring the Marshall School of Business). When he was thinking about taking a trip to Tennessee, Monte was one of the reasons he thought about visiting there,” Moore Sr. said. “He’s the guy that actually came up with the Tampa 2 defense and a really respected guy. All of the kids want to meet him."

“Sean got to meet Monte and he did some stuff on the board for him too. He showed him some things and went over the different defensive packages.”

He plans to take an official visit to Seattle to learn more about the Washington Huskies before making his college choice on National Signing Day.