DT Ricky Heimuli

per Scout: Four-star defensive tackle Ricky Heimuli isn't ready to name any leaders, but his mom was very impressed with the USC Trojans after a recent trip to Los Angeles. “I think that is her favorite school,” Heimuli said.

...Heimuli is LDS and wants to take his mission after his freshman year in college. “My plan is to try to play as a freshman and then after my freshman season I will head out for two years,” he explained. “Then I will come back for the remaining years."

per Scout: Four-star defensive tackle Ricky Heimuli isn't ready to name any leaders, but his mom was very impressed with the USC Trojans after a recent trip to Los Angeles. “I think that is her favorite school,” Heimuli said.

...Heimuli is LDS and wants to take his mission after his freshman year in college. “My plan is to try to play as a freshman and then after my freshman season I will head out for two years,” he explained. “Then I will come back for the remaining years."

I guarantee that won't happen as planned. Freshman year is a big year development wise for any player, whether you play or not. A team is not gonna allow him to basically throw that year away by going on a mission for 2 years, then expect him to come back football ready.

Ricky is a talent and I'm sure there will be teams more than willing to let him do his mission. But he needs to do it right out of HS so he still has all the eligibility he needs.

I guarantee that won't happen as planned. Freshman year is a big year development wise for any player, whether you play or not. A team is not gonna allow him to basically throw that year away by going on a mission for 2 years, then expect him to come back football ready.

Ricky is a talent and I'm sure there will be teams more than willing to let him do his mission. But he needs to do it right out of HS so he still has all the eligibility he needs.

Yeah I bet his plan won't go as he is expecting, especially if he goes to USC

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I think we're pretty set at DT. The last couple classes have had some pretty good recruits.... Obviously Jay Guy comes to mind this year. And I feel Thad Randle from last year's class was super underrated. He was first team All State in Texas, along with Rex. Many feel that Ankrah from last year and Chase this year will both grow into DT's eventually. Oh yeah, and throw Jake Cotton in there... :rollin . Seriously, though, I hope Jake proves all the doubters wrong by pulling a Todd Peterson or, better yet, a Russ Hochstein (he was a NE guy) and proves all the doubters wrong, and then some. I think we may be done at DT this year, having 1 DT and FIVE DEs committed. The train may have passed Ricky by.