WR DeAndrew White

Player: DeAndrew White

Hometown: Galena Park, TX

Position: WR

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 170 lbs.

40 time: 4.4

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Kansas, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Baylor, Florida, LSU, Alabama, Houston, SMU, Notre Dame

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star:star

Big Red Report:

Assessing the talent: Per ESPN, "White combines excellent overall foot speed with good athleticism and adequate size. He possesses a lean frame and is a sleak athlete. He is a very crisp, disciplined wide receiver and is very consistent in his methods as a route runner. Makes sharp cuts. Bursts off the ball and can stick his foot in the ground and plant with burst and suddenness to create separation. Displays very good hands and catches away from his frame and above his head. Possesses the wingspan to adjust and elevate to pluck balls on slants and crossing routes underneath." More here http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/t...amp;season=2010 White is #78 on Rivals 100.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 10%.

• 1 month later...

• 4 months later...

DeAndrew White (Galena Park, Texas/North Shore) is one of the top uncommitted prospects in the state of Texas. A four-star receiver, who's blessed with sprinter's speed, soft hands and a uber competitive attitude, White has been at the top of many programs' wish list for nearly a year.

The 5-foot-11, 170-pounder has stayed quiet about the process for the most part as he continues to look into every program that has offered. White currently has more than 20 offers, with the latest coming from the second-ranked Texas Longhorns when defensive ends coach Oscar Giles offered White two weeks ago.

"I don't have a top five or anything," White said. "I'm still exploring my options. Alabama, Baylor, Texas Tech, Florida and Texas A&M are recruiting me the hardest. I haven't set up any visits, but I plan to take some in October. I'm still deciding who I'll visit,"

Texas might be arriving late to the party, but that doesn't mean the Longhorns don't have a chance with White.

"I talked to them last week. They wanted me to go to their game against Texas Tech, but I couldn't make it," White said. "They are there with everybody else. I'm still exploring all of my options. When I visit schools, I'll know the school for me. It will have the right atmosphere."

Here's who a few of the programs Texas is battling -- these are the ones White says are recruiting him the hardest -- with White's breakdown on each of the five"

• Alabama: "They have been with me the whole way. I like their offense and program."

• Florida: "Their offense is a nice spread offense and they throw the ball a lot. Vance Bedford is recruiting me."

• Baylor: "They've got a good quarterback and a nice offense. I'm also running track in college, so they would be a good track school too."

• Texas A&M: "Van Malone is recruiting me. They have a nice offense with a lot of weapons."

• Texas Tech: "They throw the ball a lot and have a nice spread offense. "

link

DeAndrew White (Galena Park, Texas/North Shore) is one of the top uncommitted prospects in the state of Texas. A four-star receiver, who's blessed with sprinter's speed, soft hands and a uber competitive attitude, White has been at the top of many programs' wish list for nearly a year.

The 5-foot-11, 170-pounder has stayed quiet about the process for the most part as he continues to look into every program that has offered. White currently has more than 20 offers, with the latest coming from the second-ranked Texas Longhorns when defensive ends coach Oscar Giles offered White two weeks ago.

"I don't have a top five or anything," White said. "I'm still exploring my options. Alabama, Baylor, Texas Tech, Florida and Texas A&M are recruiting me the hardest. I haven't set up any visits, but I plan to take some in October. I'm still deciding who I'll visit,"

Texas might be arriving late to the party, but that doesn't mean the Longhorns don't have a chance with White.

"I talked to them last week. They wanted me to go to their game against Texas Tech, but I couldn't make it," White said. "They are there with everybody else. I'm still exploring all of my options. When I visit schools, I'll know the school for me. It will have the right atmosphere."

Here's who a few of the programs Texas is battling -- these are the ones White says are recruiting him the hardest -- with White's breakdown on each of the five"

• Alabama: "They have been with me the whole way. I like their offense and program."

• Florida: "Their offense is a nice spread offense and they throw the ball a lot. Vance Bedford is recruiting me."

• Baylor: "They've got a good quarterback and a nice offense. I'm also running track in college, so they would be a good track school too."

• Texas A&M: "Van Malone is recruiting me. They have a nice offense with a lot of weapons."

• Texas Tech: "They throw the ball a lot and have a nice spread offense. "

link

What the hell? Baylor is recruiting him harder than us?

• 3 weeks later...