WR Darius White

Sorry if there is already a thread on this guy, I looked through every guy and didnt find him. Anyway has an offer from us and is a five star WR from Texas. Texas already has four WR commits for this class, do they even take another one? I assume they would make room for him, but on texas' rivals site it says he named a leader. Does anyone know who is leading and do we have a shot at him?

Player: Darius White

Hometown: Fort Worth (Dunbar) TX

Position: WR

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 205 lbs.

40 time: 4.5 (Rivals - self or coach reported)

Visit Date: TBD

Scholarships offered: Oklahoma, Auburn, Florida, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma State, Oregon, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, SMU, TCU

Favorites: Oklahoma, Texas

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star :star :star :star 6.0 #3 WR #27 overall

Scout: :star :star :star :star #3 WR

ESPN Grade: 85 #1 WR #8 overall

Assessing the talent: ESPN's eval starts off:

This dude is a player. White is eerily similar to last years Rueben Randle out wide only we feel White has more of an explosive second gear and maybe an inch taller.
Let's just say, someone's season will be changed by getting this guy. Check out the vid at the ESPN link and judge for yourself.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 2%

Scout says Texas is leading. It's possible one of their other WR verbals leaves if he commits to Texas so we got that going for us. Oh and at least USC hasn't offered :dunno

DARIUSWHITE1_8200.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

• 4 months later...

SHOCKER!!!!

"The highly sought after receiver still hasn't trimmed a lengthy list of scholarship offers. White recently told SN Today that he was keeping an eye on USC, LSU, Texas, Florida, Nebraska, Notre Dame and the Sooners, of course. He said he was just looking for a place where he'd fit in, where he could have some fun."

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/TheRecrui...homa_in_the_mix

No kidding. A Percy Harvin style receiver that makes a stadium hold their breath when the ball is thrown towards him is something Nebraska could do with. I think our receivers are doing all right as they are, but definite room for improvement.

I wouldn't say he's the Harvin type of receiver.. not the same speed. But still a big time receiving threat.

Does he ever mention anything about setting up visits or anything? It seems odd to me that neither White nor Seastrunk have visits set up. Seastrunk had one to Cal but thats it.

A month ago he told Scout he hadn't narrowed it down to where he wanted to setup visits, yet. Sounds like he still needs to work on that. :dunno

No kidding. A Percy Harvin style receiver that makes a stadium hold their breath when the ball is thrown towards him is something Nebraska could do with. I think our receivers are doing all right as they are, but definite room for improvement.

I wouldn't say he's the Harvin type of receiver.. not the same speed. But still a big time receiving threat.

No, but a playmaker of that caliber at receiver wouldn't hurt. Someone defenses have to absolutely respect and scheme around.