OT Brandon Scherff

“Last year I played quarterback for the first four or five games then I was moved to tight end and defensive end. College recruiters want me as an offensive lineman I’ve never played that position before.” Scherff added

Wow, definately a project player. This is what I don't get about Rivals and Scout sometimes, the kid has never played a HS snap as a O-lineman and yet he gets rated as the 41st best OT prospect in the nation? I guess you can get some blocking vids from his play as a TE last year, but 41st overall? Good feet I am sure if he is playing QB and TE. Maybe he will be a great player, I don't know I just don't get the eval process sometimes.

Wow, definately a project player. This is what I don't get about Rivals and Scout sometimes, the kid has never played a HS snap as a O-lineman and yet he gets rated as the 41st best OT prospect in the nation? I guess you can get some blocking vids from his play as a TE last year, but 41st overall? Good feet I am sure if he is playing QB and TE. Maybe he will be a great player, I don't know I just don't get the eval process sometimes.

I think that, in this case for example, it's a combination of measurables and projection. Given his measurables combined with the fact that he played skilled positions means that he projects better than some that have played the line exclusively.

• 1 month later...