ATH Jarrett Fobbs

Shreveport (LA) Huntington athlete Jarrett Fobbs surprised many in his home state when he shunned LSU in favor of committing to Texas A&M in early August. The four-star prospect received his first offer from the Aggies and had several ties to the school that were hard for the in-state Tigers to match. However, a recent decommitment from LSU at receiver and a change in coaches have him talking to the Tigers again and he has set up a visit to Baton Rouge.

• 1 month later...

Huntington's Jarrett Fobbs visited LSU last weekend and came away impressed.

"It was nice," Fobbs said. "I was impressed with their business program."

Fobbs also was able to spend some one-on-one time with new LSU passing game coordinator Billy Gonzales, who mentored Fobbs' role model Percy Harvin during Gonzales' time at Florida.

"I got to know coach Gonzales and some other guys, too," Fobbs said. "I really feel loved down there."

Fobbs will take his final official visit to Texas A&M this weekend. The versatile Huntington standout described his commitment to the Aggies as "soft."

LSU head coach Les Miles paid Raiders receiver Jarrett Fobbs an in-home visit Thursday.

"It showed me that they really want me," Fobbs said. "You can tell somebody how much you want them, but you've got to show it nowadays. He showed me how much he wants me and needed me."

The 6-foot-1, 185-pound speedster, however, remains committed to Texas A&M, which he will visit this weekend.

"I'm ready to see it," Fobbs said.

Scout.com three-star wide receiver Jarrett Fobbs has switched his commitment from Texas A&M to LSU, TexAgs.com reports.

Fobbs, who plays for Huntington High School in Shreveport, becomes LSU's 26th commitment in the 2010 class with Signing Day less than a day away.

Fobbs, listed at 6 feet and 185 pounds, had been committed to the Aggies since July 9.