signingday2010.png

Player: Braylon Heard

Hometown: Youngstown, OH

Position: RB

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 180 lbs.

40 time: 4.4

Visit Date: 12/11

Scholarships: Akron, Cincinnati, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan State, N.C. State, Nebraska, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Vanderbilt, West Virginia

Favorites: Nebraska, West Virginia

COMMITTED TO NEBRASKA

Rivals: :star:star:star:star

Scout: :star:star:star

attends Pelini's high school (Cardinal Mooney) in Youngstown

no OSU?

Buckeye Planet says Ohio State is in contact, but Penn State might still be the favorite even if OSU does offer. USC would be the other school he loves, but they are not in contact.

Scouting Ohio has video. I'm pretty sure I'd just go down if someone ripped my helmet off.

Supposedly he's shorter than 5'11", but he doesn't look small on the video.

He is also a prospect at CB.

will visit West Virginia...seems to be his favorite at the moment

Yep, seems to have backed off of the Penn State love:

Heard changes tune

June 11, 2009

Youngstown (Ohio) Cardinal Mooney running back Braylon Heard saw his scholarship offer list grow to 18 by the end of the spring. The Nittany Lions were one of the first to offer Heard a scholarship.

“I’m still looking at most of them,” Heard said. “From the Big Ten, Penn State, Michigan State and Wisconsin offered. Nebraska, West Virginia, Cincinnati, North Carolina and Maryland offered. Those are most of the big ones.”

The 5-foot-11 and 170-pound Heard rushed for close to 1,000 yards during his junior season. He also played cornerback and intercepted a couple passes.

“Pretty much all my offers are for running back,” Heard said. “I’ll play running back, cornerback, wherever. It doesn’t matter to me.”

In mid-April, Heard said Penn State and USC were his two favorites. However, that has changed.

“I really don’t have a favorite now,” Heard said. “I’m pretty open now.”

Heard did not visit any schools during the spring, but plans to visit several this summer.

“I’m going to visit West Virginia June 21,” Heard said. “I’m going to try and get up to Penn State and probably Michigan State. I’ve only been to Penn State once. I went to the Penn State-Illinois game last season.”

I looked for his profile and couldn't find it. Once I finished making one, you updated this and it popped up. Kind of weird but oh well.

The fact that he committed to WVU back in July is a better sign for NU. That emotion and feeling of newness is worn off so his mind will probably be a bit more open while looking at NU because WVU is "old news" right now for lack of a better term.

From the video I've seen it looks like Heard hits the hole fast and is able to accelerate very quickly if he isn't touched right away. He has home run potential every time he touches the ball with his breakaway speed.

The fact that he committed to WVU back in July is a better sign for NU. That emotion and feeling of newness is worn off so his mind will probably be a bit more open while looking at NU because WVU is "old news" right now for lack of a better term.

:yeah And hopefully Bo and Carl can play up the fact that they've brought the tough-nose, Youngstown personality to Nebraska football. From everything we've heard about Youngstown and Cardinal Mooney, that pitch should resonate with Heard.

I really hope that we can start a pipeline in that High School. It will kind of be tough to de-rail the current OSU pipeline but I'm not going to underestimate two of the natives. :)

I think the "swooping in late" strategy has worked well recently against us. I guess someone finally bought into the "we have no offensive playmakers" pitch. It's about time, hopefully he likes the visit.

Well, there is lots of talk that NU has been talking to this kid since the summer. I think there is more of a connection then just today. One of the kids teammates is a Pelini and his coach is a stoops.

I am a little suprised to see that we havent gone after a big bruiser for this class. we need someone to fill in for Q's spot. maybe someone in house can do that.

that being said, if this kid can play I dont care what size he is. burkhead is small but he runs with authority

I am a little suprised to see that we havent gone after a big bruiser for this class. we need someone to fill in for Q's spot. maybe someone in house can do that.

that being said, if this kid can play I dont care what size he is. burkhead is small but he runs with authority

What about DTR?

What about DTR?

so much to get excited about.... i hope this pans out... sounds like the theme this year is one step forward two steps back at times.. meaning we get some guys only to lose some guys.... get a solid base and having them stick would be awesome... dont know much about him but i like what i've seen so far

What about DTR?

so much to get excited about.... i hope this pans out... sounds like the theme this year is one step forward two steps back at times.. meaning we get some guys only to lose some guys.... get a solid base and having them stick would be awesome... dont know much about him but i like what i've seen so far

you know what this late in the game and having an offical i think real bodes well for us... i mean just the fact that this guy is coming over here i think can only mean real positive things.... now dont know iif he committs but i think the fact thats its coming all together is nice... real nice

I think D. Robinson will be our bruiser. With 20 lbs added to his frame, this guy would compliment our current stable nicely, given his 4.4 speed. Of course, I've been clocked at 4.2 myself.

I live in Ohio & seen this kid play. He's the real deal.

our staff supposedly has been in contact with him for the last 6 months or so.... putting the pieces together..... maybe Heard has been high on huksers all along and is just putting the final pieces together to jump over to nebraska... sounds weird being on the other side after the Gabbert situation....

I watched his video and found him to be similar to Aaron Green. Shorter than 6', fast, shifty, gets to his hole quickly. Very good in the open field. He'll be a good addition to a class that doesn't have any playmakers since Carter decommited.

I watched him play twice this past season & came away impressed both time. He carved up my Alma Mater Steubenville for the tune of 303 yd's & 3 Td's in the state semi-finals & then watched him put 178 & 2 scores on Columbus DeSales in the state championship game.

Bo needs to look more into his Alma Mater the Y-Town Cardinal Mooney program because their is alot of talent to be had there. If I was him I would take a long hard look at some of their lineman they were HUGE for a High School team.

After watching his film does that offense that he is running out of look familiar?? :)

Bo is handling this kid's recruiting process himself as I said in another thread. He is trying to create a nice little pipeline in that Cardinal Mooney HS but it is tough when Ohio State has had their hands in it for so long.

Either way, getting kids out of that area in general is tough. It seems like the majority of them want to stay in that area. Whether it's UCONN, Pitt, ND, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Michigan, Cinci, Rutgers, Michigan State its just kinda a big ten/big east area. With that said, winning gets any recruit to come and I think us on the national stage opened some eyes big time. If we can win the whole big 12 next year look out.

Ohio St hardly ever gets kids from Mooney. Notre Dame is going to be Bo's biggest recruiting threat.

Your right my fault. Instead of doing my homework on that statement (like I usually do) I took someone's word for it. Duh!!! :nutz

Thanks though :cheers

Not a problem brother. I know where you were coming from.

with the talk of how heard dislikes the direction of WVU offense i think increases my belief that heard just might mossey on over to us... hopefully things will go very well....

just thinking of all the pieces i've heard and can intrepret..... heard is coming to see if nebraska is the place for him... see all the things he's heard alot about.. get a feel about the shape of the offense from Watson and etc...... if goes well i say he swtiches as he doesnt seem so sure about WVU...

..or he could just making sure that WVU is the place for him by checking out one more school.....

i'd like to think heard is thinking the first rather than the second....

Mmmm if he dont like the direction in WVU offense how does he like the direction of Our offense ?

Well the fact that all NU has done lately is hand the ball off to the RB's might be a big reason he likes us.

I have reliable sources that tell me that Braylon LOVES Bo (both Mooney grads) & Bo called him before one of his playoff games & gave him words or encouragement. Braylon thought the world of Bo after that.

IMO this would be a HUGE get for the coaching staff this kid could have a great impact on the Offense next season.

I have reliable sources that tell me that Braylon LOVES Bo (both Mooney grads) & Bo called him before one of his playoff games & gave him words or encouragement. Braylon thought the world of Bo after that.

IMO this would be a HUGE get for the coaching staff this kid could have a great impact on the Offense next season.

Someone with 5 career posts claiming inside info through reliable sources? What's not to believe? This guy is as good as N!!!

:sarcasm

Why be an ass about it. I live in Ohio & have friends within the Mooney program. When Braylon commits I'll accept your apology because I'm a nice guy like that

It was kind of rude wasn't it? Thanks for your post. I hope you are correct!

Why be an ass about it. I live in Ohio & have friends within the Mooney program. When Braylon commits I'll accept your apology because I'm a nice guy like that

Dude, do you know how many drive-by posters throw stuff like this on boards claiming to have inside info? How can you expect people not to be skeptical? Brand new users with only a couple of posts are always huge red flags. Sorry for being a jerk about it. I've just seen too many people drop this kind of stuff and run just so they can cause a stir. No offense intended. I hope I'm wrong. I'll crawl to Ohio in sackcloth and ashes if it means us getting Heard.

Dude, do you know how many drive-by posters throw stuff like this on boards claiming to have inside info? How can you expect people not to be skeptical? Brand new users with only a couple of posts are always huge red flags. Sorry for being a jerk about it. I've just seen too many people drop this kind of stuff and run just so they can cause a stir. No offense intended. I hope I'm wrong. I'll crawl to Ohio in sackcloth and ashes if it means us getting Heard.

It's all good my dude. I'm a die hard Huskers fan so I'm not going anywhere. I wasn't trying to stir the pot just posting what I know.

It's all good my dude. I'm a die hard Huskers fan so I'm not going anywhere. I wasn't trying to stir the pot just posting what I know.

back to the subject of your info... seeing from what you've said in the past about this guy i am willing to trust your info.... it just brings me more confidence that we might actually score a great get here.... certain guys who are willing to work hard and have that great work ethic are really drawn to Bo (OO anyone??) lets home Braylon is one of those guys... your statements really help to make me feel positive about this.... sounds like they have built a strong relationship.....

BRAYLON HEARD, RB, 5-11, 200, 4.5, YOUNGSTOWN (CARDINAL MOONEY), OHIO

West Virginia Commit To Visit Huskers

“I’m taking a visit to Nebraska this weekend,” Heard said, “I’m still committed to West Virginia I’m pretty solid with them. I’m taking a visit up there just to see how it is. Nebraska needs a running back.”

“Nebraska has been on me since they offered. I know some things about Nebraska from Bo’s nephew (Mark) who is on my team now.” Heard said

“They (West Virginia Coaches) were pretty open they are cool about it. They want to make sure that I make the best decision.” Heard said

Enjoyed West Virginia Visit

“I loved it up there. I like the coaches, the people and the facilities. The West Virginia coaches said I have a good chance to play early. I went to West Virginia during a camp to watch a friend of mine that was there. Then after that I committed to West Virginia.” Heard said

The Twist

“At this Minute I am but I’m not sure.” When asked later in the conversation if Heard is solid with West Virginia.

http://www.huskerjournal.com/recruiting.html

7 posts but been on the board a year. jesus calm down

Don't take it the wrong way. We've got a history on this board of 'insiders'. That said, I welcome your info and thanks so much for posting it. If you've got anything else, by all means drop by again.

Ya we've also got a history on this board of driving away insiders. Some might just be blowing smoke but some might actually have inside info and bc of the people that turn out to be wrong posters blow up any time someone has inside info unless they've been on here for a long time. Sure would be nice to have louisiana husker back but he took his info and went over to HI bc everybody chewed his ass when he came on here and posted what he knew.

I just threw out the info I knew. I'm not upset at anyone; I would be skeptical of someone who one had a few post saying something like that as well.

Any more info at this time? Or was that it?

with people who claim to be sources it's always a judgment call. I tend to believe them or at least give them plenty benefit of the doubt, especially if the information they are giving isn't big splash, controversial type stuff. just no reason to assume they are lying.

thanks for the insights, Go_Huskers_15 :)