signingday2010.png

Player: Braylon Heard

Hometown: Youngstown, OH

Position: RB

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 180 lbs.

40 time: 4.4

Visit Date: 12/11

Scholarships: Akron, Cincinnati, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan State, N.C. State, Nebraska, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Vanderbilt, West Virginia

Favorites: Nebraska, West Virginia

COMMITTED TO NEBRASKA

Rivals: :star:star:star:star

Scout: :star:star:star

attends Pelini's high school (Cardinal Mooney) in Youngstown

no OSU?

Buckeye Planet says Ohio State is in contact, but Penn State might still be the favorite even if OSU does offer. USC would be the other school he loves, but they are not in contact.

Scouting Ohio has video. I'm pretty sure I'd just go down if someone ripped my helmet off.

Supposedly he's shorter than 5'11", but he doesn't look small on the video.

He is also a prospect at CB.

• 2 months later...

will visit West Virginia...seems to be his favorite at the moment

Yep, seems to have backed off of the Penn State love:

Heard changes tune

June 11, 2009

Youngstown (Ohio) Cardinal Mooney running back Braylon Heard saw his scholarship offer list grow to 18 by the end of the spring. The Nittany Lions were one of the first to offer Heard a scholarship.

“I’m still looking at most of them,” Heard said. “From the Big Ten, Penn State, Michigan State and Wisconsin offered. Nebraska, West Virginia, Cincinnati, North Carolina and Maryland offered. Those are most of the big ones.”

The 5-foot-11 and 170-pound Heard rushed for close to 1,000 yards during his junior season. He also played cornerback and intercepted a couple passes.

“Pretty much all my offers are for running back,” Heard said. “I’ll play running back, cornerback, wherever. It doesn’t matter to me.”

In mid-April, Heard said Penn State and USC were his two favorites. However, that has changed.

“I really don’t have a favorite now,” Heard said. “I’m pretty open now.”

Heard did not visit any schools during the spring, but plans to visit several this summer.

“I’m going to visit West Virginia June 21,” Heard said. “I’m going to try and get up to Penn State and probably Michigan State. I’ve only been to Penn State once. I went to the Penn State-Illinois game last season.”

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

The fact that he committed to WVU back in July is a better sign for NU. That emotion and feeling of newness is worn off so his mind will probably be a bit more open while looking at NU because WVU is "old news" right now for lack of a better term.

:yeah And hopefully Bo and Carl can play up the fact that they've brought the tough-nose, Youngstown personality to Nebraska football. From everything we've heard about Youngstown and Cardinal Mooney, that pitch should resonate with Heard.