SIGNED RB Braylon Heard

To me if he is here for spring ball it's really not that big of a deal. He would have been a nice addition for some speed on the field, but if Helu, Burkhead and Tray stay healthy I doubt he would have seen the field a ton anyway. Now with Helu graduating he'll be a huge addition for the spring and fall of 2011.

So would all this basically just make him a gray shirt *that doesn't get to enroll for the fall semester at his own expense*?

Additionally, anyone know if he is on NCAA 2011? I will find out tonight, but I gotta believe they put him on there so we would have a freshman running back.

EDIT: Added the stuff inbetween the **

So would all this basically just make him a gray shirt *that doesn't get to enroll for the fall semester at his own expense*?

Additionally, anyone know if he is on NCAA 2011? I will find out tonight, but I gotta believe they put him on there so we would have a freshman running back.

EDIT: Added the stuff inbetween the **

yes Braylon is in ncaa 2011

Braylon isnt going to make it. The word is that he will be here for Winter 2011 conditioning.

How is it he can't be here in August but can be here this January? I thought once you went JUCO you had to finish your degree?

I was told that it will be a situation kind of like Antonio Bell was in 2008. I am not sure what all the details were with that situation, so I cant really comment further.

Braylon isnt going to make it. The word is that he will be here for Winter 2011 conditioning.

How is it he can't be here in August but can be here this January? I thought once you went JUCO you had to finish your degree?

I was told that it will be a situation kind of like Antonio Bell was in 2008. I am not sure what all the details were with that situation, so I cant really comment further.

I suppose I forgot that Bell took a round about way getting here. That makes sense though.

I suppose I forgot that Bell took a round about way getting here. That makes sense though.

It might be something like since he didn't qualify, he'll have to take high school level classes at the university. And since he is taking high school level courses, he isn't eligible to participate in sports. I'm not saying that this is what the case is gonna be, just a possibility. :dunno

It might be something like since he didn't qualify, he'll have to take high school level classes at the university. And since he is taking high school level courses, he isn't eligible to participate in sports. I'm not saying that this is what the case is gonna be, just a possibility. :dunno

Wait... they offer high school level courses at the university? SIGN ME UP!!!

Guess it wouldn't be that big a deal if he got here in Jan, as he was likely to red shirt anyway.

He was going to get carries this fall. Its sad that he wont be here.

Even with a healthy Helu, Burkhead and Robinson?

Yes. He is a completely different back than the three of them.