SIGNED RB Braylon Heard

Could you be more specific? Since it seems it is not completely certain that he will not be here, what does him coming or not hinge upon?

Also, where do you get the source on 'coaches being confident he could beat out Tray'? - aren't they two completely different kinds of backs; Tray being a thumper and Braylon being a speedster. I would've thought Tray would have had a role here regardless as the successor to Q/Glenn in the backfield. Neither Helu or Burkhead are that.

really doubt he would have gotten carries this season. the plan has been to redshirt ALL freshman unless there is an injury forcing one to play. there arent going to be 3 major injuries at the RB position. and im still hearing that he will likely be here in the fall. he still has not gotten his test scores back and that is a fact....

Where did you hear that at?

EZ is right on here, even with the other guys he mentioned. Could be more than a couple freshmen to get PT this year.

But the plan all along was to get Heard carries his first year. No one on the offense, at least at RB, has the open field ability and speed he does. Completely different dimension to our running game, and the coaches fully intend(ed) to use him.

Could you be more specific? Since it seems it is not completely certain that he will not be here, what does him coming or not hinge upon?

Also, where do you get the source on 'coaches being confident he could beat out Tray'? - aren't they two completely different kinds of backs; Tray being a thumper and Braylon being a speedster. I would've thought Tray would have had a role here regardless as the successor to Q/Glenn in the backfield. Neither Helu or Burkhead are that.

See BigWillie's response.

He Husker-b-rent is right in saying he doesnt have his test scores back yet, but the coaches are certain that he will not be here for the fall but will be for winter 2011 and are being very proactive to make sure that he is here by then.

I LOVE BEING WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well i sure hope you were wrong. i've got to say though that i was surprised at all of the pessimism (not just from you or this site) considering the kid still hadn't got his scores back and was barely short on his previous efforts. come on braylon.

OK. E-ZE, you've confidently stated that Braylon was gonna make it, when we were afraid he wouldn't. Then you've confidently stated that Braylon wasn't gonna make it, when we didn't want to believe it. And now you're confidently stating that you were wrong...AAAA you're making my head spin! If Braylon makes it, it'll be great.