SIGNED RB Braylon Heard

Better late than never, I'm just glad he didn't opt for JUCO.

Exactly man... this is really the best thing that could've happened in this situation. We were all pretty confident that Braylon wasn't going to make it for the fall, save for those guys who were holding out some small amount of hope. So this way is really quite good... we'll get him in December and he'll be counted towards the 2011 class, correct? Like when Bell got here late last year, he was a freshman this past season. This is good. Heard will count as a freshman, so he won't have lost any eligibility. Coaches can RS him or use his talents as they feel necessary.

If he went JUCO, he'd lose eligibility, on top of the fact that we'd have no guarantee he'd ever make it to campus... though I'd imagine we'd have sent him to Fort Scott and had a good shot.

The way I've heard it (no pun intended) . . . is that Heard doesn't want to go JuCo but the coaches will still have to continue recruiting him like he is uncommitted. He is in no way tied to NU at this point . . . so the coaches have to keep contact to make certain that he does not go elsewhere.

Sounds like Braylon had a mix up when he had his shot to take the ACT this summer and didn't end up getting a chance to take it. So it's not that he took the test and didn't get the score, but rather he missed the lone summer test. He's spent the summer working on studying for the test, I think he'll be fine and be a part of the team come January and make it through Spring practice.

Sounds like Braylon had a mix up when he had his shot to take the ACT this summer and didn't end up getting a chance to take it. So it's not that he took the test and didn't get the score, but rather he missed the lone summer test. He's spent the summer working on studying for the test, I think he'll be fine and be a part of the team come January and make it through Spring practice.

How do you have a 'mix-up' with an ACT date? Don't they like put that on the internet or send you a little flier? I took those things twice in high school and was never once uncertain of the date.

How do you have a 'mix-up' with an ACT date? Don't they like put that on the internet or send you a little flier? I took those things twice in high school and was never once uncertain of the date.

It wasn't the date, he wasn't allowed to take the test for some reason, still not sure why.

It wasn't the date, he wasn't allowed to take the test for some reason, still not sure why.

...word is he couldn't remember his social security number, so he just put down his phone number. there weren't 3 spaces in the middle so he ended up spending the first hour of the test trying to squeeze 3 numbers into 2 spaces. by that point he missed the first section, and unfortunately filled in the second section in the answer spaces for the first, third section in the answer spaces for the second, fouth section in the spaces for the 3rd. Got a 24, but it went to the guy who's social is the same as his phone number (minus the number he couldn't fit in the space)

...word is he couldn't remember his social security number, so he just put down his phone number. there weren't 3 spaces in the middle so he ended up spending the first hour of the test trying to squeeze 3 numbers into 2 spaces. by that point he missed the first section, and unfortunately filled in the second section in the answer spaces for the first, third section in the answer spaces for the second, fouth section in the spaces for the 3rd. Got a 24, but it went to the guy who's social is the same as his phone number (minus the number he couldn't fit in the space)

You are kidding right?

You are kidding right?

Ya, if you really believed the word on that one I have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale as well....