WR Bud Sasser

Player: Bud Sasser

Hometown: Denton, TX

Position: WR

Height: 6'3''

Weight: 200 lbs.

40 time: 4.6

Visit Date: 9/25

Scholarships: Arizona, Arizona State, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Purdue, Rice, Texas Tech, Tulsa

Favorites: Arizona, Missouri

COMMITTED TO MISSOURI

Rivals: :star:star:star

Scout: :star:star :star

For some reason, we made his top 3, according to Scout. I'm not sure who else did, but Tech is probably one of the three also.

I don't know how either but his teammate is going to tech.

"Young did lose one his favorite receivers in D.J. Beshears, who earned a scholarship to Kansas, but does have another big-time target in Bud Sasser, who will be playing big-time college football next season as well, possibly with Young in Lubbock."

Link

New Video

edit: watching his video he looks legit. has a lot of yac and looks like he has sure hands, route running appears to be good. i wish he had some video of him blocking. does not appear to be a burner, but could be a viable second option for small-medium range routes. i would definitely be in favor of getting 4WRs this season if we don't get a rb (imagine having carter, sasser, slavin, or hawkins along with terry.

4. Bud Sasser, Denton Ryan HS - The knock on the 6 foot 2, 185-pound Sasser is that he's a product of a ridiculously effective passing attack with one of the top QBs in the area in Scotty Young. Last season as a junior, Sasser, who also starts for Ryan's basketball team and has exceptional leaping ability, was a red-zone threat for the Raiders. He finished the season with 24 touchdowns in 13 games and had 64 catches for 1,250 yards. Sasser also won't have the luxury of having a Big 12-caliber receiver opposite him as he did last season with D.J. Beshears, who signed with Kansas a few weeks back, so Sasser will be the marked man by opposing defenses, but he'll still have Young and will still put up big numbers. His size and leaping ability make him a prospect on this list, even though he was completely left off the Riddle-Simmons list. He's getting early interest from Texas Tech and Oklahoma.

Link

Teaser: Denton (Texas) Ryan receiver recruit Bud Sasser took his first official visit this weekend and it was to the University of Nebraska. He was hosted on his official by former-teammate Josh Williams, and gave the trip good marks.

cold breeze?!

Yeah, I have no clue.

He also talked about how was surprised just how much Nebraska threw the ball. A lot of people around the country still think we play the triple option?!?!?

I was struck by that one, too. Watson's gameplan usually features a near perfect split of run and pass. What's really interesting (I hope) about Nebraska so far is how many receivers contribute in the game. Something like 11 got catches last night. Thats nuts, and a lot of them were young players.

cold breeze?!

Yeah, I have no clue.

He also talked about how was surprised just how much Nebraska threw the ball. A lot of people around the country still think we play the triple option?!?!?

Apparently our opponents do too. ULL was yet another sunbelt team that stacked the box against the run.

That comment about the cold makes me wary of the Arizona schools.

cold breeze?!

Yeah, I have no clue.

Apparently our opponents do too. ULL was yet another sunbelt team that stacked the box against the run.

Maybe the legend of Roy has already had an impact? Anyway I find that cold breeze comment interesting also, especially since he is also looking at KU.

cold breeze?!

Yeah, I have no clue.

Maybe the legend of Roy has already had an impact? Anyway I find that cold breeze comment interesting also, especially since he is also looking at KU.

Yeah, like that 3 hour drive south makes a HUGE difference. I'm from Omaha but went to school at KU and can tell you, generally, it is about 2-3 degrees warmer in Lawrence.

:facepalm: I can't believe I just posted that....

cold breeze?!

Yeah, I have no clue.

Yeah, like that 3 hour drive south makes a HUGE difference. I'm from Omaha but went to school at KU and can tell you, generally, it is about 2-3 degrees warmer in Lawrence.

I think you and I were thinking the same thing, which is why I found it interesting.

cold breeze?!

Yeah, I have no clue.

I think you and I were thinking the same thing, which is why I found it interesting.

Still get the breezes though.

I really like this guy...Texas might be a legit threat.

I heard he'll be making a big move in the next Rivals rankings release tomorrow.

doesnt texas have enought guys already for a full class!!!! i mean how many people can they take every year!!!!

Clearly the word about Nate Swift and Todd Peterson setting receiving records didn't make it down there yet.

I really like this guy...Texas might be a legit threat.

I heard he'll be making a big move in the next Rivals rankings release tomorrow.

doesnt texas have enought guys already for a full class!!!! i mean how many people can they take every year!!!!

After amassing commits very quickly Texas seems to have leveled-off, think they've been at 19 a while now. I think they're doing some wait-and-see in terms of how they want to finish the class. It would be nice if they were just done and we didn't have to worry about which recruits they'll enter the fray on.

Looks like Texas is thinking about him as an alternative to DeAndrew White or Darius White.

They plan on taking 5-6 WRs and now have room since Ross Apo left for BYU.

By the way he is now ranked #35 on Lone Star Recruiting's Top 100 (2010) as on today after not being ranked before.

He would be a great get for us.

He says KU and Mizzou are his leaders right now.

Yikes, that's bad. It's probably why we offered the kid in California. I hope he doesn't go to Missouri, but fear he will with Reesing done at KU. If Misery gets Sasser and the Lucas kid, look for Tyler Gabbert to head there. A QB needs recievers with talent. I thought we had a shot at Sasser.

I don't know about Gabbert automatically going to Mizzou if those two go. We have Carter who obviously has a pretty good relationship with Gabbert and now we have a under the radar but still very solid wr prospect and we are going after a third, possibly Swigert, possibly Reese, maybe Hill. Those are some damn good options.

Yikes, that's bad. It's probably why we offered the kid in California. I hope he doesn't go to Missouri, but fear he will with Reesing done at KU. If Misery gets Sasser and the Lucas kid, look for Tyler Gabbert to head there. A QB needs recievers with talent. I thought we had a shot at Sasser.

And carter is nothing then?

Enunwa has nothing to do with Sasser. Coaches saw his early season senior film and offered him. That's all they were waiting on with Enunwa.

Senior receiver Bud Sasser (Denton, Texas/Ryan) has offers from some of the top programs in the Big 12 and Pac-10, but two are standing out.

The Missouri Tigers and Kansas Jayhawks will receive visits in December and are the frontrunners to land the 6-foot-3, 205-pound pass-catcher. Sasser will visit Missouri Dec. 6 and Kansas on Dec.19.

Still have a shot with Swigert at least. After watching his film I am really hoping we get him. He would be a damn fine addition to enunwa and carter.

Any updates with Bud? Haven't heard much since he said his top 2 are MU and KU. Now that both teams are struggling, I wonder if we creep back in his view. We might take 1 more WR, maybe.

Last I had heard was the our staff had kind of moved on in a sense. But with the termoil at KU you never know.

Any updates with Bud? Haven't heard much since he said his top 2 are MU and KU. Now that both teams are struggling, I wonder if we creep back in his view. We might take 1 more WR, maybe.

Last I had heard was the our staff had kind of moved on in a sense. But with the termoil at KU you never know.

im over it.... this train is leaving for pimpville and sasser missed his chance to get on....

im over it.... this train is leaving for pimpville and sasser missed his chance to get on....

Amen. I really hope Austin Hill signs with us. I think he is the real deal. Hope he sees that NU is on a short road back. Expectations are high the rest of this year and for next out of this Husker fan.

One of Arizona's top wide receiver recruits made it to Tucson for an official visit two weekends ago, as 6-foot-3, 200-pound Denton (Texas) Ryan wideout Bud Sasser was in town to see UA take on Oregon. The three-star prospect enjoyed his time in Tucson.

One of Arizona's top wide receiver recruits made it to Tucson for an official visit two weekends ago, as 6-foot-3, 200-pound Denton (Texas) Ryan wideout Bud Sasser was in town to see UA take on Oregon. The three-star prospect enjoyed his time in Tucson.

Don't believe Sasser has committed yet. It will be interesting to see what he thinks moving forward knowing we play Arizona and Curtis Carter has decommitted.

Somewhere ... somehow ... a solid receiver has to see the future at Nebraska.

SheepdogMark

Sasser was able to visit Nebraska and Arizona during the season, and now has his sights set on Missouri. He said he will "most likely" visit Columbia this weekend, although he'll know for sure late Tuesday or early Wednesday. From there, he said a decision could come quickly.

Sasser has already eliminated Nebraska, and said his decision will most likely come down to Arizona and Missouri.

Sasser was able to visit Nebraska and Arizona during the season, and now has his sights set on Missouri. He said he will "most likely" visit Columbia this weekend, although he'll know for sure late Tuesday or early Wednesday. From there, he said a decision could come quickly.

Sasser has already eliminated Nebraska, and said his decision will most likely come down to Arizona and Missouri.

Bud Sasser has now committed to Missouri as of today (12-19-2009).