WR Bud Sasser

• 1 month later...

• 2 months later...

For some reason, we made his top 3, according to Scout. I'm not sure who else did, but Tech is probably one of the three also.

I don't know how either but his teammate is going to tech.

"Young did lose one his favorite receivers in D.J. Beshears, who earned a scholarship to Kansas, but does have another big-time target in Bud Sasser, who will be playing big-time college football next season as well, possibly with Young in Lubbock."

Link

New Video

edit: watching his video he looks legit. has a lot of yac and looks like he has sure hands, route running appears to be good. i wish he had some video of him blocking. does not appear to be a burner, but could be a viable second option for small-medium range routes. i would definitely be in favor of getting 4WRs this season if we don't get a rb (imagine having carter, sasser, slavin, or hawkins along with terry.

4. Bud Sasser, Denton Ryan HS - The knock on the 6 foot 2, 185-pound Sasser is that he's a product of a ridiculously effective passing attack with one of the top QBs in the area in Scotty Young. Last season as a junior, Sasser, who also starts for Ryan's basketball team and has exceptional leaping ability, was a red-zone threat for the Raiders. He finished the season with 24 touchdowns in 13 games and had 64 catches for 1,250 yards. Sasser also won't have the luxury of having a Big 12-caliber receiver opposite him as he did last season with D.J. Beshears, who signed with Kansas a few weeks back, so Sasser will be the marked man by opposing defenses, but he'll still have Young and will still put up big numbers. His size and leaping ability make him a prospect on this list, even though he was completely left off the Riddle-Simmons list. He's getting early interest from Texas Tech and Oklahoma.

Link

• 5 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...