WR Bud Sasser

• 2 weeks later...

One of Arizona's top wide receiver recruits made it to Tucson for an official visit two weekends ago, as 6-foot-3, 200-pound Denton (Texas) Ryan wideout Bud Sasser was in town to see UA take on Oregon. The three-star prospect enjoyed his time in Tucson.

Don't believe Sasser has committed yet. It will be interesting to see what he thinks moving forward knowing we play Arizona and Curtis Carter has decommitted.

Somewhere ... somehow ... a solid receiver has to see the future at Nebraska.

SheepdogMark

Sasser was able to visit Nebraska and Arizona during the season, and now has his sights set on Missouri. He said he will "most likely" visit Columbia this weekend, although he'll know for sure late Tuesday or early Wednesday. From there, he said a decision could come quickly.

Sasser has already eliminated Nebraska, and said his decision will most likely come down to Arizona and Missouri.

• 2 weeks later...

Sasser was able to visit Nebraska and Arizona during the season, and now has his sights set on Missouri. He said he will "most likely" visit Columbia this weekend, although he'll know for sure late Tuesday or early Wednesday. From there, he said a decision could come quickly.

Sasser has already eliminated Nebraska, and said his decision will most likely come down to Arizona and Missouri.

Bud Sasser has now committed to Missouri as of today (12-19-2009).

The tiggers are putting together a very nice class.

A whole lot of very good WR's in this class. I don't see a lot of Defensive Talent though.

3/4 WRs ... 9 DE/DB

Uhhh which team's recruiting board are you looking at?

I should have clarified what I meant, fair enough that MU has a lot of good players recruited to play in the Defensive Backfield. I just don't see the playmakers in the front 7 other than Ealy. 1 LB and 1 DT, Hoch does give you 3 DE's though. If Ealy doesn't make the grade, which seems to be a legitimate risk right now, I think that MU is really light in D-Line and LB recruits for a unit that could really use more talent and depth. That is why I am a bit surprised.

I need to edit my previous comments, I only see 2 DE's and 1 DT listed in MU's current recruits. I thought they had 3 DE's? Anyway I would be really worried about that if I was a Tiger Fan. I guess they have faith in what they have on the Roster for LB and D-Line, but I see more room for those positions than all of the Defensive Backs they took. 7 players that look like they will be DB's, wouldn't it be better to use 2 of those spots for a DT and a LB or even another DE?

I need to edit my previous comments, I only see 2 DE's and 1 DT listed in MU's current recruits. I thought they had 3 DE's? Anyway I would be really worried about that if I was a Tiger Fan. I guess they have faith in what they have on the Roster for LB and D-Line, but I see more room for those positions than all of the Defensive Backs they took. 7 players that look like they will be DB's, wouldn't it be better to use 2 of those spots for a DT and a LB or even another DE?

Here is what I see. We have 3 seniors graduating on the defensive side of the ball from this year's team.

Brian Coulter - DE

Jeron Baston - DT

Sean Weatherspoon - LB

Everyone else on the front line is either a RS Fr or a Sophomore. Baston was an okay DT but nothing special. Spoon was a beast and he will be missed.

However we do have Luke Lambert to replace Spoon, Lambert being the one who had a season ending injury and was a darn good LB before he got hurt. Sheldon Richardson was supposed to be Coulter's replacement next year after what would have been a probable redshirt this year. Unfortunately that ended up not working out. Next year I will assume that Jacquies Smith will move over to the other end position to bookend Aldon Smiith. Sheldon will be back after next year with 3 years of eligibility.

We also have several players on the roster who aren't on the 2 deep to step in if need be. Ealy, Hoch if he stays on the defensive side of the ball, and a few others. The coaches are really the only ones who know what will make up next years team though, so if they are recruiting the players they are recruiting, I can only assume it is for a reason, and that reason is probably that they feel pretty comfortable depth wise up front (11 returning defensive lineman for next season).

Here is what I see. We have 3 seniors graduating on the defensive side of the ball from this year's team.

Brian Coulter - DE

Jeron Baston - DT

Sean Weatherspoon - LB

Everyone else on the front line is either a RS Fr or a Sophomore. Baston was an okay DT but nothing special. Spoon was a beast and he will be missed.

However we do have Luke Lambert to replace Spoon, Lambert being the one who had a season ending injury and was a darn good LB before he got hurt. Sheldon Richardson was supposed to be Coulter's replacement next year after what would have been a probable redshirt this year. Unfortunately that ended up not working out. Next year I will assume that Jacquies Smith will move over to the other end position to bookend Aldon Smiith. Sheldon will be back after next year with 3 years of eligibility.

We also have several players on the roster who aren't on the 2 deep to step in if need be. Ealy, Hoch if he stays on the defensive side of the ball, and a few others. The coaches are really the only ones who know what will make up next years team though, so if they are recruiting the players they are recruiting, I can only assume it is for a reason, and that reason is probably that they feel pretty comfortable depth wise up front (11 returning defensive lineman for next season).

Thanks Observer for the info, I wasn't sure how the youngsters on the MU roster looked behind Baston. Recruiting won't really help the team this year anyway, so it sounds like you have some youth that needs to step in for Coulter, Baston, and Spoon but decent numbers overall.

Brian Coulter - DE

Jeron Baston - DT

Sean Weatherspoon - LB

Thanks Observer for the info, I wasn't sure how the youngsters on the MU roster looked behind Baston. Recruiting won't really help the team this year anyway, so it sounds like you have some youth that needs to step in for Coulter, Baston, and Spoon but decent numbers overall.

They are heavy on DB's because if my memory serves me correctly MU loses 5 or 6 DB's next year