new contract for Pelini

Since everyone seems to be on the Bo bandwagon, I thought I would throw in just a touch of critism. First, Bo wasn't competitive with every team on the schedule. We got pounded by Oklahoma and Missouri and even Bo will admit he made a really, really bad call with the fake FG against Colorado. Secondly, the economy sucks right now. I know that Bo wasn't getting paid a lot by any standard, but couldn't this wait until, well, the economy clears up in 2010 (We hope). Lastly, what would it hurt to wait just one more season. If we are right about Bo, the contract would make as much sense next year as it does right now.

Now, go ahead and throw stones.

I like Bo and certainly want to see the Huskers succeed. Also, I trust Osborne to do the right thing and the man must have his reasons. Still, from the outside looking in, the concerns above seem to have at least a little bit of weight.

:dunno

Since everyone seems to be on the Bo bandwagon, I thought I would throw in just a touch of critism. First, Bo wasn't competitive with every team on the schedule. We got pounded by Oklahoma and Missouri and even Bo will admit he made a really, really bad call with the fake FG against Colorado. Secondly, the economy sucks right now. I know that Bo wasn't getting paid a lot by any standard, but couldn't this wait until, well, the economy clears up in 2010 (We hope). Lastly, what would it hurt to wait just one more season. If we are right about Bo, the contract would make as much sense next year as it does right now.

I like Bo and certainly want to see the Huskers succeed. Also, I trust Osborne to do the right thing and the man must have his reasons. Still, from the outside looking in, the concerns above seem to have at least a little bit of weight.

Raises like these are not put forward with the thought "he won this many games, thus deserves this increase". It simply boils down to, if you like what he's doing, what's it going to take to keep him. It's good to see the assistants getting some love.

T.O. Will sleep like a baby tonight.

Because I know some people will bitch about dishing out money, wait for more results, etc...

see

Raises like these are not put forward with the thought "he won this many games, thus deserves this increase". It simply boils down to, if you like what he's doing, what's it going to take to keep him. It's good to see the assistants getting some love.

:yeah

The Coaching staff is meshing with the team...everyone is on the same page knowing they have a coach who cares about them. Dr. Tom likes the efforts being made and know that positive steps are being made to Restore the program. :thumbs

T.O. Will sleep like a baby tonight.

Because I know some people will bitch about dishing out money, wait for more results, etc...

see

Those people would be wrong and should not be paid any attention to.

Nobody had a problem with AIG's, GM's, etc. CEO's making the big bucks until things headed south. What happens if we win like 4 games this next season? I thought it was stupid to give Clownahan a raise before the USC game, and I think we're a bit premature this time around as well. I've said it many times before. If we have to get into a bidding war to keep a good coach, we're going to lose the majority of the time. If a coach comes here or stays here because of the money, is this really the coach we want?

Nobody had a problem with AIG's, GM's, etc. CEO's making the big bucks until things headed south. What happens if we win like 4 games this next season? I thought it was stupid to give Clownahan a raise before the USC game, and I think we're a bit premature this time around as well. I've said it many times before. If we have to get into a bidding war to keep a good coach, we're going to lose the majority of the time. If a coach comes here or stays here because of the money, is this really the coach we want?

I don't see a bidding war anywhere. Can you tell me who else was involved? This is about bringing Bo's salary more in line with the rest of the top or even middle programs in the Big XII. He's STILL not in the top half. Success should be rewarded. It's not as though Bo said he was going to bolt unless he got another $700,000. You can talk all you want about someone wanting to coach here because he "wants to be here," but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be paid in line with the kind of job Nebraska is. Considering $1.1M is what we paid an unproven head coach over 10 years ago perfectly justifies the money in my eyes. Can you name anything else that is the same price or less than it was 10 years ago?