RB Giovanni Bernard

If potential RBs hear that Aaron Green is high on us (2011), it could scare some off.

Gotta disagree at this point. Maybe if we got an early commit from Green it would be a factor but not just being in the hunt. The competition for Bernard will be big-dogs in recruiting and they'll be in on other name rb's for this and next class too.

If potential RBs hear that Aaron Green is high on us (2011), it could scare some off.

Gotta disagree at this point. Maybe if we got an early commit from Green it would be a factor but not just being in the hunt. The competition for Bernard will be big-dogs in recruiting and they'll be in on other name rb's for this and next class too.

:yeah I don't think that just being in the running will have a huge impact as of now.

I wouldn't want any RB who is scared of competition that is a recruiting class behind him. Wouldn't say much for his confidence.

Agreed. All of these kids who are being recruited by big schools know what to expect, and I don't think any of of the good ones expect anything to be handed to them.

• 1 month later...

According to both sights, Gio recently trimmed his list to a final 9... I looked at Rivals and sure enough, we made it. Alabama, Florida, Florida State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oregon State, Miami, Tennessee. With the exception of Oregon State (his bro was a stud there), it's nice to see a St. Aquinas kid push us across the first cut. The rest of the teams left are the Big Dogs in the recruiting world.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't look the greatest for NU HuskerJournal Link

JULY 29, 2009. PREP STAR

GIOVANNI BERNARD, RB, 5-9, 200, 4.5, FT. LAUDERDALE (AQUINAS), FL

Giovanni has offers from Alabama, Florida, Florida State, Miami, Nebraska, Oklahoma and others.

Husker Visit

"I’m going to try to, but I’m not actually sure yet.” says Bernard, “They (Nebraska) are trying to get me to visit this fall. I’m not sure if Nebraska is one of my top schools. I haven’t sat down and go over all the schools, but when in feel comfortable with any school I’ll visit.”

“I’m going to trim down the list to five schools. I don’t know when I’m going to do that. It could be any day but doubtful.” Bernard said

“I like Nebraska,” Bernard said, “They have a good offense. I like how they run the ball. They (Nebraska) are kind of a zone running football team, you use the cut back lanes a lot, find a hole.”

“I like coach Beck he’s the running backs coach, I built a really good relationship with him. Nebraska likes how I run and find the holes. They like my agility, pass catching out of the back field. I’m a smart player and know what to do.” Bernard said

Giovanni Likes OU

“I definitely like Oklahoma, their tradition just a great team. They are always going to be a Championship type of team. Oklahoma runs that zone, half spread that’s what we run at my high school now. So that would benefit me.” Bernard said

FSU Visit

“I went to Show Time Camp at Florida State but didn’t participate,” says Bernard, “I just went around like an unofficial. It was pretty nice there, loved the town and the coaches are great. Florida State coaches told me I’m on top for the running backs I’m not really going to take that to the head. There are a lot of other running backs out there.”

“I visited Florida a while ago and I went to the spring game. I liked the spring game it was packed. I built a good relationship with their coaches, Gonzales and Carter.”

“I like Alabama,” Bernard said, “They are one of the three teams I talk to weekly other than Florida State and Florida. Alabama is a great football team, I definitely like them.”

• 4 weeks later...

• 1 month later...