QB Andrew Hendrix

Player: Andrew Hendrix

Hometown: Cincinnati, OH

Position: QB

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 220 lbs.

40 time: 4.7

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Boston College, Cincinnati, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisville, Maryland, Miami, Miami (Ohio), Michigan State, Nebraska, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Purdue, Stanford, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Wisconsin

Favorites: Florida, Notre Dame

COMMITTED TO NOTRE DAME

Rivals: :star:star:star:star

Scout: :star:star:star:star

Visit Date: TBD

Scholarships: Boston College, Cincinnati, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisville, Miami (Ohio), Nebraska, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, Virginia

Favorites: Boston College, Cincinnati, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisville, Miami (Ohio), Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio State, Penn State, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Virginia

Rivals

Scout

Impressive schollie list, but how can you be 6'3" 220 lbs and max bench only 225? By itself that doesn't mean everything, but it does bring up concerns of core strength.

Scholarships: Boston College, Cincinnati, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisville, Miami (Ohio), Nebraska, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, Virginia

Favorites: Boston College, Cincinnati, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisville, Miami (Ohio), Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio State, Penn State, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Virginia

Rivals

Scout

Impressive schollie list, but how can you be 6'3" 220 lbs and max bench only 225? By itself that doesn't mean everything, but it does bring up concerns of core strength.

He must have long arms. Come on man, he's a freakin QB, not a LB.

Rivals

Scout

I got that, but my point is that with his stature, he should be able to bench more than 225. It goes back to core strength. If you want an example, look at any runner in a fb game (RB, QB, etc.).....if they go down with an arm tackle, poor core strength is one of the culprits.

I'm not saying he should be able to hoist 300 lbs, but if 225 is the best he can do at his age, he better hope for a defense like NU's 07 defense cuz anything else will put him down.

Rivals

Scout

I got that, but my point is that with his stature, he should be able to bench more than 225. It goes back to core strength. If you want an example, look at any runner in a fb game (RB, QB, etc.).....if they go down with an arm tackle, poor core strength is one of the culprits.

I'm not saying he should be able to hoist 300 lbs, but if 225 is the best he can do at his age, he better hope for a defense like NU's 07 defense cuz anything else will put him down.

I hear ya, but if he has long arms, 225 is not bad for a 17 year old at all. People with long arms have a tough time with flat bench press. His squat is pretty damn good at 385, and that takes a ton of core strength. Although most h.s kids I see go only about 1/4 way down. But if that is a legit squat, his leg strength will make it hard to bring him down.

Bo and Carl are from Ohio and it's obvous they'd like to build a pipeline there but it remains to be seen if they have any pull. I know we had a good shot at Sam Longo before OSU jumped into the mix.

The kid has a big offer-list but there not any of the recruiting big-dogs yet, competition would get really tight if Tenn and/or especially OSU jump into the mix.

• 2 weeks later...

Rivals

Scout

bench press has nothing to do with core strength...and it is huge overrated for anyone that isn't a lineman

everyone is built differently...and being poor at benching doesn't necessarily indicate someone is weak...as an attribute...it is next to useless for a quarterback

core strength otoh...is important for anyone

per Scout: One quarterback that has appeared on the Vols’ radar is Ohio’s Andrew Hendrix. The talented signal caller recently took a trip to Knoxville last Tuesday to get a first hand look at the Tennessee Football program.

“I liked it a lot,” Hendrix told InsideTennessee.com recently. “I was very impressed with everything. The stadium was breathtaking empty; I can only imagine it full.”

waiting for Tennessee to offer...

• 2 weeks later...