QB Andrew Hendrix

Player: Andrew Hendrix

Hometown: Cincinnati, OH

Position: QB

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 220 lbs.

40 time: 4.7

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Boston College, Cincinnati, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisville, Maryland, Miami, Miami (Ohio), Michigan State, Nebraska, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Purdue, Stanford, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Wisconsin

Favorites: Florida, Notre Dame

COMMITTED TO NOTRE DAME

Rivals: :star:star:star:star

Scout: :star:star:star:star

Visit Date: TBD

Scholarships: Boston College, Cincinnati, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisville, Miami (Ohio), Nebraska, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, Virginia

Favorites: Boston College, Cincinnati, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisville, Miami (Ohio), Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio State, Penn State, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Virginia

Rivals

Scout

Impressive schollie list, but how can you be 6'3" 220 lbs and max bench only 225? By itself that doesn't mean everything, but it does bring up concerns of core strength.

Scholarships: Boston College, Cincinnati, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisville, Miami (Ohio), Nebraska, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, Virginia

Favorites: Boston College, Cincinnati, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisville, Miami (Ohio), Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio State, Penn State, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Virginia

Rivals

Scout

Impressive schollie list, but how can you be 6'3" 220 lbs and max bench only 225? By itself that doesn't mean everything, but it does bring up concerns of core strength.

He must have long arms. Come on man, he's a freakin QB, not a LB.

Rivals

Scout

I got that, but my point is that with his stature, he should be able to bench more than 225. It goes back to core strength. If you want an example, look at any runner in a fb game (RB, QB, etc.).....if they go down with an arm tackle, poor core strength is one of the culprits.

I'm not saying he should be able to hoist 300 lbs, but if 225 is the best he can do at his age, he better hope for a defense like NU's 07 defense cuz anything else will put him down.

He is a Junior....He has this summer, he has a senior year, a summer conditioning, a fall camp, a possible RS year.... you get where I am going?

225 at that point isn't HORRIBLE.... and with a year and a half of Dobson, don't you think that number would go up?

Rivals

Scout

I got that, but my point is that with his stature, he should be able to bench more than 225. It goes back to core strength. If you want an example, look at any runner in a fb game (RB, QB, etc.).....if they go down with an arm tackle, poor core strength is one of the culprits.

I'm not saying he should be able to hoist 300 lbs, but if 225 is the best he can do at his age, he better hope for a defense like NU's 07 defense cuz anything else will put him down.

I hear ya, but if he has long arms, 225 is not bad for a 17 year old at all. People with long arms have a tough time with flat bench press. His squat is pretty damn good at 385, and that takes a ton of core strength. Although most h.s kids I see go only about 1/4 way down. But if that is a legit squat, his leg strength will make it hard to bring him down.

Bo and Carl are from Ohio and it's obvous they'd like to build a pipeline there but it remains to be seen if they have any pull. I know we had a good shot at Sam Longo before OSU jumped into the mix.

The kid has a big offer-list but there not any of the recruiting big-dogs yet, competition would get really tight if Tenn and/or especially OSU jump into the mix.

Scouting Ohio has tape. Decent ability to move around for a pro-style QB.

Came into last year as the backup and won the starting job.

Might be someone Ohio State offers if they strike out with Montana, but looks like they are more looking to go the dual-threat route. :dunno

Rivals

Scout

bench press has nothing to do with core strength...and it is huge overrated for anyone that isn't a lineman

everyone is built differently...and being poor at benching doesn't necessarily indicate someone is weak...as an attribute...it is next to useless for a quarterback

core strength otoh...is important for anyone

per Scout: One quarterback that has appeared on the Vols’ radar is Ohio’s Andrew Hendrix. The talented signal caller recently took a trip to Knoxville last Tuesday to get a first hand look at the Tennessee Football program.

“I liked it a lot,” Hendrix told InsideTennessee.com recently. “I was very impressed with everything. The stadium was breathtaking empty; I can only imagine it full.”

waiting for Tennessee to offer...

Says Neb is a highly prestigious program and he's highly interested. He wants to take a visit.

Any idea when? I wonder if Little Gab commits early if that'll change his mind (or ours, for that matter).

Says Neb is a highly prestigious program and he's highly interested. He wants to take a visit.

Any idea when? I wonder if Little Gab commits early if that'll change his mind (or ours, for that matter).

The article didn't give a timeframe for the visit. I'd imagine if Gabbert or somebody else commits we're done at qb and Hendrix would look elsewhere.

per Scout: Ohio State is looking for a quarterback in the class of 2010, and one who is rapidly gaining attention in recruiting circles can be found in the southwestern corner of the Buckeye State. Cincinnati Moeller's Andrew Hendrix has double digit offers, and OSU took notice recently when some coaches checked in at the GCL power.

sounds like Ohio State is giving him a hard look as well

Interesting...I wonder who the coaches are higher on. I would guess Little Gab because of the in-school visit.

The guys we are higher on we have no chance with, besides Gabbert.

Ohio State has offered. should make things interesting...

Ya that is a big offer, especially for a kid from Ohio. I am hardly "in the know" but I would think they'd get him as long as they are really sold on him and show it.

Ya that is a big offer, especially for a kid from Ohio. I am hardly "in the know" but I would think they'd get him as long as they are really sold on him and show it.

The 2nd QB Ohio State has offered. He can officially be considered the Nick Montana backup plan.

The 2nd QB Ohio State has offered. He can officially be considered the Nick Montana backup plan.

Nick Montana is the reason I threw in "if they are sold on him and show it", I wasn't sure if they were really trying to get the Hendrix-commit or were just throwing their hat in the ring in case they miss on Montana.

look for Notre Dame to go after him hard now that Montana has committed to Washington

Same for Ohio State, kid will be getting the full-court press now.

per ESPN: The commitment of quarterback Nick Montana (Westlake Village, Calif./Oaks Christian) to Washington on Tuesday intensified the battle between Ohio State and Notre Dame for the services of quarterback Andrew Hendrix.

Hendrix has made no secret he has Notre Dame and Ohio State high on his list. He has not ruled out Michigan State, Wisconsin and Tennessee, but it will be very surprising if Hendrix does not select the Irish or the Buckeyes.

"It looks like it's coming down to a couple schools," Hendrix said. "[Ohio State and Notre Dame] are definitely two of the front-runners. I might make one more trip back to Notre Dame June 21 when their football team gets back. I didn't get to see the entertainment district on my other visit there. It is going to be tough getting out to Michigan State and Wisconsin."

rumor on ND boards is that he was suppose to decommit and commit to FL, but don't know how the recent news will impact his decision.

Back to ND he goes. :wacko:

Hendrix is a solid commit to Notre Dame. He said so himself last week after visiting Coach Kelly.

Funny, I could of swore that a former NU commit said the exact same thing after an official....................

A couple of days after Hendrix was quoted as being close to 99 percent certain that he'd honor his verbal commitment to Notre Dame, doubts still stir inside the 6-foot-3, 220-pound four-star prospect.

“He hasn't scheduled any other visits,” Moeller coach John Rodenberg said Saturday via cell phone from Myrtle Beach, S.C., where he was watching Hendrix start under center for the East in a 35-0 loss in the Offense-Defense All-American Bowl.

“My read is that he will end up at Notre Dame. It's just that (head coach) Charlie Weis' firing was disappointing to him. And he had a great relationship with (former QBs coach) Ron Powlus. It was a great fit for him and still probably will be.

He's tried to call coach Kelly a couple of times and he's missed a couple of calls going the other way. He had a nice visit up there back a couple of weeks ago. But he doesn't know who his position coach is going to be. We're assuming it's going to be Greg Forest (from Cincinnati), but we're not sure.”

Actually, Forest is expected to head to Buffalo with UC offensive coordinator Jeff Quinn, the latter recently named the Bulls' head coach.

“It's not anybody's fault. It's just the way it is,” Rodenberg said of the confusion. “It has been great the way Dayne Crist has reached out to him.”

http://www.southbendtribune.com/article/20...948/1021/Sports

He's tried to call coach Kelly a couple of times and he's missed a couple of calls going the other way.

Nice to know our staff isn't the only ones on this.

Four-star quarterback Andrew Hendrix, a Notre Dame verbal commitment, visited Gainesville and came away impressed, according to Gator Country. Hendrix, a 6-foot-3, 220-pound dual-threat quarterback from Cincinnati, hung out with quarterbacks coach Scot Loeffler and offensive coordinator Steve Addazio all weekend and had dinner with Meyer and his wife.

“I had a blast,” Hendrix told Gator Country. “There were a lot of highlights from the trip, but I would say touring the stadium was pretty special.”

“I spent a lot of time with Coach Loeffler. He was there with me every step of the visit, and same with Coach Addazio, he was around a lot. Coach Loeffler is great guy who definitely knows what he is talking about and he is very personable. I’ve been privileged to get to know him over the past few months. I also really like Coach Addazio. He is a tough guy but he is also a really funny guy.”

Throughout the recruiting saga of Cincinnati Moeller quarterback Andrew Hendrix one thing has remained constant –– his love for Notre Dame.

Tonight he might again make that love official by recommitting to the Irish.

John Rodenberg, Hendrix’s high school coach, believes tonight or Wednesday Hendrix will make his final decision between the Irish and Florida.

"I would say things are leaning towards Notre Dame," Rodenberg said Tuesday morning.

But it’s far from definite.

"Oh man, if I knew that I wouldn’t be teaching," Rodenberg said. "I would be a millionaire.

"I don’t know. One day it’s one school, and the other day it’s the next school. It’s a 50-50 throw right now."

If the Irish have an advantage, it would appear to be his long-time feelings for the school. If Charlie Weis were not fired following the season, there would be no question that Hendrix would be heading to South Bend.

Weis was fired at the end of the season and former Cincinnati coach Brian Kelly was hired in December.

"He loves ND, he really does," Rodenberg said. "There’s not an issue as far as the love for the school. And I think he’s becoming more and more comfortable with the coaching staff as he talks to them, which is good.

"So I think as long as the coaching staff can answer his questions, the school is not an issue."

Hendrix, a 6-foot-2, 230-pounder, returned Sunday from Gainesville, Fla., and an official visit.

"Anytime anybody goes on an official visit to a big school they love it," Rodenberg said. "I don’t think that’s the issue. He liked it, it was fun. It’s the typical answer I would get if he visited six other schools.

"The big schools are going to wine and dine you well. It was fun, interesting, good –– all that stuff."

Hendrix first committed to the Irish in late June, picking Notre Dame over Ohio State.