QB Andrew Hendrix

per ESPN: The commitment of quarterback Nick Montana (Westlake Village, Calif./Oaks Christian) to Washington on Tuesday intensified the battle between Ohio State and Notre Dame for the services of quarterback Andrew Hendrix.

Hendrix has made no secret he has Notre Dame and Ohio State high on his list. He has not ruled out Michigan State, Wisconsin and Tennessee, but it will be very surprising if Hendrix does not select the Irish or the Buckeyes.

"It looks like it's coming down to a couple schools," Hendrix said. "[Ohio State and Notre Dame] are definitely two of the front-runners. I might make one more trip back to Notre Dame June 21 when their football team gets back. I didn't get to see the entertainment district on my other visit there. It is going to be tough getting out to Michigan State and Wisconsin."

• 2 weeks later...

• 6 months later...

A couple of days after Hendrix was quoted as being close to 99 percent certain that he'd honor his verbal commitment to Notre Dame, doubts still stir inside the 6-foot-3, 220-pound four-star prospect.

“He hasn't scheduled any other visits,” Moeller coach John Rodenberg said Saturday via cell phone from Myrtle Beach, S.C., where he was watching Hendrix start under center for the East in a 35-0 loss in the Offense-Defense All-American Bowl.

“My read is that he will end up at Notre Dame. It's just that (head coach) Charlie Weis' firing was disappointing to him. And he had a great relationship with (former QBs coach) Ron Powlus. It was a great fit for him and still probably will be.

He's tried to call coach Kelly a couple of times and he's missed a couple of calls going the other way. He had a nice visit up there back a couple of weeks ago. But he doesn't know who his position coach is going to be. We're assuming it's going to be Greg Forest (from Cincinnati), but we're not sure.”

Actually, Forest is expected to head to Buffalo with UC offensive coordinator Jeff Quinn, the latter recently named the Bulls' head coach.

“It's not anybody's fault. It's just the way it is,” Rodenberg said of the confusion. “It has been great the way Dayne Crist has reached out to him.”

http://www.southbendtribune.com/article/20...948/1021/Sports

Four-star quarterback Andrew Hendrix, a Notre Dame verbal commitment, visited Gainesville and came away impressed, according to Gator Country. Hendrix, a 6-foot-3, 220-pound dual-threat quarterback from Cincinnati, hung out with quarterbacks coach Scot Loeffler and offensive coordinator Steve Addazio all weekend and had dinner with Meyer and his wife.

“I had a blast,” Hendrix told Gator Country. “There were a lot of highlights from the trip, but I would say touring the stadium was pretty special.”

“I spent a lot of time with Coach Loeffler. He was there with me every step of the visit, and same with Coach Addazio, he was around a lot. Coach Loeffler is great guy who definitely knows what he is talking about and he is very personable. I’ve been privileged to get to know him over the past few months. I also really like Coach Addazio. He is a tough guy but he is also a really funny guy.”