QB Andrew Hendrix

Throughout the recruiting saga of Cincinnati Moeller quarterback Andrew Hendrix one thing has remained constant –– his love for Notre Dame.

Tonight he might again make that love official by recommitting to the Irish.

John Rodenberg, Hendrix’s high school coach, believes tonight or Wednesday Hendrix will make his final decision between the Irish and Florida.

"I would say things are leaning towards Notre Dame," Rodenberg said Tuesday morning.

But it’s far from definite.

"Oh man, if I knew that I wouldn’t be teaching," Rodenberg said. "I would be a millionaire.

"I don’t know. One day it’s one school, and the other day it’s the next school. It’s a 50-50 throw right now."

If the Irish have an advantage, it would appear to be his long-time feelings for the school. If Charlie Weis were not fired following the season, there would be no question that Hendrix would be heading to South Bend.

Weis was fired at the end of the season and former Cincinnati coach Brian Kelly was hired in December.

"He loves ND, he really does," Rodenberg said. "There’s not an issue as far as the love for the school. And I think he’s becoming more and more comfortable with the coaching staff as he talks to them, which is good.

"So I think as long as the coaching staff can answer his questions, the school is not an issue."

Hendrix, a 6-foot-2, 230-pounder, returned Sunday from Gainesville, Fla., and an official visit.

"Anytime anybody goes on an official visit to a big school they love it," Rodenberg said. "I don’t think that’s the issue. He liked it, it was fun. It’s the typical answer I would get if he visited six other schools.

"The big schools are going to wine and dine you well. It was fun, interesting, good –– all that stuff."

Hendrix first committed to the Irish in late June, picking Notre Dame over Ohio State.