CB Tre'Vante Porter

Player: Tre'Vante Porter

Hometown: Midwest City, OK

Position: CB

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 185 lbs

40 time: 4.4

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Arizona, Kansas, Kansas State, Louisville, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Toledo, Vanderbilt

Favorites: Arizona, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech

COMMITTED TO TEXAS TECH

Rivals: :star:star:star:star

Scout: :star:star:star

Both Scout and Rivals list OKC Carl Albert HS. Same Carl Albert High School as Oku? Tell him to save himself trouble and transfer to a Lincoln high school this summer. ;)

Edit: ah, I see Midwest City is the OKC suburb that Carl Albert is in.

per Scout: One of the top defensive back prospects in the Midlands, according to SuperPrep Magazine, Porter recently made a weekend trip out to Lubbock, Texas, to visit Texas Tech. Porter said he will likely make a decision later this month and it is down to two: Oklahoma State and Texas Tech.

I really don't get the whole texas tech thing. he even took a tour of NU's campus and yet he still has tt ahead of us? the only thing I can think of happening is if he takes a trip to tt during a game and one to NU and realizes NU's a hell of a lot better for damn near everything.

I believe OU offered recently so I really think he'll end up there.

I don;t understand how OU can keep adding kids to their class. They already have something like 28-29 kids committed...how the heck do they have room?

O state is a player here.

I don't understand how OU can keep adding kids to their class. They already have something like 28-29 kids committed...how the heck do they have room?

They have a few guys leaving early for the draft.

I thought there was a rule you couldn't sign more than 25 in any class regardless of how many schollies you have open?

Some of those 28-29 could be academically ineligible.. in a class that size normally there are 1-2 who don't qualify hence the over signing.

I thought there was a rule you couldn't sign more than 25 in any class regardless of how many schollies you have open?

Some of those 28-29 could be academically ineligible.. in a class that size normally there are 1-2 who don't qualify hence the over signing.

grey shirts also help

Texas Tech and Oklahoma appear to be competing for one-time Tech commit Tre’Vante Porter, a defensive back from Midwest City, Okla., who is the only player to decommit from the Red Raiders’ class. He was in Lubbock over the weekend on an official visit.