QB Dallas Lloyd

Player: Dallas Lloyd

Hometown: Pleasant Grove, UT

Position: QB

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 205 lbs.

40 time: 4.55

Visit Date:

Scholarships: BYU, Miami, Nebraska, Stanford, Syracuse, TCU, Tulsa, Utah, Utah State, Vanderbilt, Wyoming

Favorites: BYU, Miami, Nebraska, Stanford, Utah

COMMITTED TO STANFORD

Rivals: :star:star:star

Scout: :star:star:star:star

Came in late on him. Hopefully we can make up ground.

Utah QB getting close to decision

Quarterback Dallas Lloyd (Pleasant Grove, Utah) is the state's top signal caller and said he's narrowing his list and is closing in on making his college choice.

Lloyd recently sprained his ankle during 7 on 7 play with his high school team causing him to have to cancel for this weekends SoCal NIKE Camp. The camp will be strong at the quarterback position featuring Jake Heaps, Nick Montana, Jesse Scroggins and Peter Thomas, just to name a few.

"I'm so mad I have to miss it," Lloyd said. "I really wanted to compete against those guys and I feel like I still need to prove myself a little. My ankle should be OK in a few weeks and I'm hoping to attend the NIKE Camp at Stanford now as well as the Elite 11 regional camp at Cal the same weekend."

On the recruiting front, Lloyd just picked up a new offer from Nebraska and said he's begun to narrow his choices.

"I'm very excited about the Nebraska offer," Lloyd said. "I'm actually looking to commit sometime soon and I have a few schools that definitely stand out to me right now.

"I don't really want to release those schools yet but I do have a few places in mind that I like a lot. Whenever it feels right, I'm going to go ahead and make my decision and like I said, that could be soon."

per Scout: On the heels of unofficial visits to BYU, Utah and most recently Stanford, Lloyd indicated that he may be making his final decision within the next week.

EDIT: He's now backed off and said he will take his time.

per Scout: Although Lloyd denies a frontrunner, he labels BYU, Utah and Stanford as his top three.

Sounds like now we'll be getting an unofficial in June, along with some other contenders.

I haven't seen much video of either, but I think I like Lloyd over Gabbert. Lloyd is bigger and faster. Anyone have any input on how Lloyd has done camp wise yet?

I haven't seen much video of either, but I think I like Lloyd over Gabbert. Lloyd is bigger and faster. Anyone have any input on how Lloyd has done camp wise yet?

Here is a video on him. Looks pretty darn good.

While Watson goes for a one-qb-per-class as a practice technically we might need to go for two if we get Lloyd. Lloyd is Mormon and looking to do a mission, in which case we wouldn't see him til '12. I'd say we need to get Gabbert or Robinson in here for Fall of 2010.

Just told Rivals that his current top five consists of Miami, BYU, Utah, Stanford and Nebraska.

Very nice way to start it out.

Wow... impresses me more than the rest of the QB's I've seen of this class. I think he just passed Zach Lee for which QB to get! Shows great pocket presence and avoiding the rush, can run if he needs to, great arm. Wouldn't surprise me if he can catch the ball well and kick the fg's WOW

Wow... impresses me more than the rest of the QB's I've seen of this class. I think he just passed Zach Lee for which QB to get! Shows great pocket presence and avoiding the rush, can run if he needs to, great arm. Wouldn't surprise me if he can catch the ball well and kick the fg's WOW

:yeah you said it, WOW!!

:yeah you said it, WOW!!

Yeah I think my wish list would have Lloyd at the top. I think if he wants to go on his mission then getting either Robinson or Gabbert as a 2nd QB, I would love that. Not sure it would happen, especially being tight on scholarships this year.

Its gonna be hard to get him away from BYU and Utah I think. He's the one who's going on the mission trip right? would this affect his game at all?

Its gonna be hard to get him away from BYU and Utah I think. He's the one who's going on the mission trip right? would this affect his game at all?

Good question...I was wondering the same thing myself. Anyone know the track record of guys that take two years off football then try to play DI? The last one I remember was Ben Olson who went to UCLA after his mission and could never really get it going.

Here's the story of an poor OT who went from 300 to 250 during his mission to the wilds of the Midwest (do they send the Mormons in Nebraska to California?), but came back to be 1st team all-american and a Rimington finalist.

The only question I have about is apparently you cannot go on your mission until you are 19. Is he going to take up a scholly next year and then go on the mission or can he delay enrollment?

Maybe Lloyd commited because he knew something about 'lil Gab's status and his visit this week? We know that Robinson's visit was pushed back from last week until the 5th this week, after Gabbert comes in again tomorrow.

Stanford is racking them in. First Cole Underwood and now Dallas Lloyd. Lets hope we get a different outcome when we go up against them in the future.

Stanford is racking them in. First Cole Underwood and now Dallas Lloyd. Lets hope we get a different outcome when we go up against them in the future.

but its STANFORD :wtf

still plans on taking a mission...

per Scout: Do you have plans to take a mission?

DL:The coaches are willing to let me go. If I did go on a mission, I would go right when I graduate from high school and I’d be out for two years on the mission. Then I’d get back in the summer, redshirt my first year at Stanford and have four years from that.

Stanford will have to re-recruit him come the end of his mission. They'll have inside-track but others will definitely be sniffing-around.