QB Dallas Lloyd

Came in late on him. Hopefully we can make up ground.

Utah QB getting close to decision

Quarterback Dallas Lloyd (Pleasant Grove, Utah) is the state's top signal caller and said he's narrowing his list and is closing in on making his college choice.

Lloyd recently sprained his ankle during 7 on 7 play with his high school team causing him to have to cancel for this weekends SoCal NIKE Camp. The camp will be strong at the quarterback position featuring Jake Heaps, Nick Montana, Jesse Scroggins and Peter Thomas, just to name a few.

"I'm so mad I have to miss it," Lloyd said. "I really wanted to compete against those guys and I feel like I still need to prove myself a little. My ankle should be OK in a few weeks and I'm hoping to attend the NIKE Camp at Stanford now as well as the Elite 11 regional camp at Cal the same weekend."

On the recruiting front, Lloyd just picked up a new offer from Nebraska and said he's begun to narrow his choices.

"I'm very excited about the Nebraska offer," Lloyd said. "I'm actually looking to commit sometime soon and I have a few schools that definitely stand out to me right now.

"I don't really want to release those schools yet but I do have a few places in mind that I like a lot. Whenever it feels right, I'm going to go ahead and make my decision and like I said, that could be soon."

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

While Watson goes for a one-qb-per-class as a practice technically we might need to go for two if we get Lloyd. Lloyd is Mormon and looking to do a mission, in which case we wouldn't see him til '12. I'd say we need to get Gabbert or Robinson in here for Fall of 2010.