Can Cody Green step in like Robert Griffin?

I would venture to guess that Robert Griffin is one of the top ten fastest people in college football.

I'm guessing he is too . . . at least when timed without pads on. Does anyone else remember Cody Glenn running him down like he was standing still when Griffin was running towards the sideline? (not saying Glenn is faster than Griffin at all . . . it was just one of those WOW moments)

I would venture to guess that Robert Griffin is one of the top ten fastest people in college football.

I'm guessing he is too . . . at least when timed without pads on. Does anyone else remember Cody Glenn running him down like he was standing still when Griffin was running towards the sideline? (not saying Glenn is faster than Griffin at all . . . it was just one of those WOW moments)

That's why game speed and track speed are two totally different things, which is what I think you are getting at. You can be the fastest guy alive, but it doesn't necessarily mean you'll be the fastest on the football field, which is why Glenn was able to close down on him. Great point.

I think this a good time to also mention that Green is not a runner first passer second like Vince Young was, for example. Green is a pocket passer who can run if he needs to, so we shouldn't expect him to run like Griffin can when the time comes from Green to play.

Sorry I was being sarcastic... I think he will be better then Griffin..

Standards and aspirations have been lowered in Corn land. I guess winning the north is the goal, and maybe an upset in the title game is what is hoped for?

For this year? I'd be happy with that. For 2 years from now? Nah.

Sorry I was being sarcastic... I think he will be better then Griffin..

I caught it the 1st time around lol...

Anyways. Since when is NU dominant running again? I don't know.. Maybe since we used our running game to control the entire 2nd half of last season minus the OU game... Helu/Castille is a duo i'll be more than happy with...