LB James Randall

Noticed on HI that this guy appears to be coming for the spring game this weekend. He doesn't have any offer from us or any other big name program but you have to like his attributes. It also appears that he is a teammate of McConico, the running back from Compton. Hopefully this will be an in with him. It appears we don't have to worry about USC jumping in considering they already have two 4 stars.

I think it may have been the fact that his grades were questionable... I will post a link to his scout profile. Read the first story... Scouting SC. It talks about him. Mentions that he might need to go JUCO route... but also makes him seem like a real gamer. Perhaps he got his grades up or something since then. Neither sight lists a GPA. Gotta love the 4.5 forty speed tho. Kinda built more like a corner.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p...amp;nid=3779443

Sorry I guess I missed that for some reason. Why would he be visiting now?

because he hasn't signed a letter of intent yet to any school

Weird that this says he signed with Idaho. Was that misreported or did it fall through?

This high school site has video: http://comptontarbabesfootball.vnsports.co...r.asp?id=123717

This free scout article makes him sound pretty good:

If I were going to the game without knowing who was who on the field, and someone told me that USC had a commitment on Compton, I would have said "That's him right there, #1 is the best player on the field tonight." More.

He ended up getting rated the #10 WLB in the west after not being rated in the preseason.

Also visiting Idaho and perhaps New Mexico State.

Second team all-area last year:

DL - James Randall (Compton)

6-0, 185, Senior

68 tackles (44 solo), five sacks, four fumble recoveries and an interception.

He played TE/WR on offense. And looks like he could be a rush end prospect in addition to LB. Rivals had him as S. Not sure what we are looking to get him as.

The real question might be, Do we have room for him? I guess with some guys leaving the program we should, but do we need him? Is he worth spending a scholly on? I guess he must be if Bo wants him to come in. Is he coming here on an official or unofficial?

Has said that he would accept a scholarship offer if extended (does not have one as of now).

Would probably know by tomorrow (Monday) and would play safety (not linebacker) if he comes here.

Thanks for the update. Would be amazing with the Safety blitz. Guy looks like real head-hunter.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...