ATH Jonathan McKnight

Louisiana cornerback Jonathan McKnight just received a new scholarship offer from Washington. “They just offered me last week,” McKnight said. “I talked with coach Demetrice Martin and he says they really need corners. He said that I could play early and help them turn it around.” McKnight says that distance will not be a factor, since his older brother, Joe McKnight, plays for USC.

Jonathan McKnight says Alabama is recruiting him the hardest. “They’ve been recruiting me for like the past three years,” McKnight said. “We have a real good relationship. I know them all pretty well.” McKnight is being recruited by Alabama’s assistant head coach/running backs coach Burton Burns. “He’s been calling a lot. He said he could see me playing early and thinks I’d be a good fit..."

Wow, it's going to be tough prying Satan's, I mean Saban's claws off of this one.

• 4 weeks later...

Because Jonathan McKnight's team is still in the playoffs, McKnight says he hasn’t scheduled any official visits yet. “I’m not gonna focus on recruiting until after our last game,” McKnight said. “Actually, my coach is gonna be handling all that, but it won’t be until after the season.” Scout.com's No. 59 cornerback now favors Alabama, LSU and Ole Miss. “Those are the main three...”

• 1 month later...

Blue chip cornerback Jonathan McKnight of John Curtis has narrowed his college choices to Alabama, Arizona, Nebraska, Arkansas and Tulane, Curtis Coach J.T. Curtis said.

McKnight, 6-foot, 170, is yet to schedule any official visits due to his participation in basketball. "I've got to work around basketball because he's an integral part of our basketball team," Curtis said.

Asked about LSU's absence from McKnight's list of finalists, Curtis said, "I've left LSU out because Jonathan hasn't heard from LSU since mid-December."

About Tulane, Curtis said, "He has a relationship with Tulane through (running backs coach) Greg Davis (Jr.) and offensive coordinator Dan Dodd, so I would say that (Tulane) definitely is a place he has some interest in."

No way, didn't even know we were in contention for him. Seems very very athletic.

:snacks:

Teamate connections must be helping us. I thought we were out of this a long time ago.

i thought so too....

its weird of all the people crawling out of the wood work.. people whom we werent even following coming out and saying we made there top 5 or whatever... but i've learned easy come easy go with a lot of these guys........

dont have much instict to say he'll come here.....

No way, didn't even know we were in contention for him. Seems very very athletic.

:snacks:

Teamate connections must be helping us. I thought we were out of this a long time ago.

i thought so too....

its weird of all the people crawling out of the wood work.. people whom we werent even following coming out and saying we made there top 5 or whatever... but i've learned easy come easy go with a lot of these guys........

dont have much instict to say he'll come here.....

I feel we are in the outside looking in. Just don't think he is coming here.

I think in December Scout had an article with a top 3 that didn't include us, but that was really without him doing any of the recruiting stuff. He was one of those "focus on the season and worry about recruiting after" guys. Since he apparently hadn't really narrowed things down, the Arizona game could have really made an impression on him. :dunno

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...