ATH Tejay Johnson

Player: Tejay Johnson

Hometown: Egg Harbor Township, NJ

Position: ATH

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 190 lbs

40 time: 4.4

Visit Date: 9/05

Scholarships: Cincinnati, Louisville, Miami, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Carolina, Purdue, Rutgers, Syracuse, Toledo

Favorites: Cincinnati, Florida, Michigan State, Nebraska, Rutgers

COMMITTED TO RUTGERS

Scout: :star:star:star

Rivals: :star:star:star

Good size, solid 40 time.

Are his fundamentals not very solid? I would think more big name schools would be after a guy with those attributes.

According to scout he also is drawing interest from florida. Florida has snagged a couple out of new jersey of late and if this guy has a monster season I would assume Florida would take a much deeper look. If Florida offers all bets are off IMO, but the real competition appears to be Rutgers at this point.

According to scout he also is drawing interest from florida. Florida has snagged a couple out of new jersey of late and if this guy has a monster season I would assume Florida would take a much deeper look. If Florida offers all bets are off IMO, but the real competition appears to be Rutgers at this point.

Then let's hope we do some major convincing this weekend. We need the speed.

Rivals list Florida as having one 5* and four 4*(WOW) db-commits. They also have a wr and an athlete commit. I'd say at least at db they're probably covered. Hopefully the numbers-game works in our favor and Florida doesn't offer.

Personally for me this is the kid that people should be gushing over that will be here this weekend. Is it because he doesn't have the stars yet? The kid is getting serious hits from Urban Meyer, that says a lot. He has tremendous speed and great size, could be a weapon on either side of the ball. Hopefully he really digs his visit, because I'm certain a former Husker could push this kid our way relating his experiences he had while here.

Rumblings of him having a hard time getting things put together to be here this weekend... Although its not confirmed so don't freak out yet.

Even if he doesn't make it this weekend there will more chances to visit throughout the year.

Should be a great weekend to be in Lincoln. Lets hope gameday atmosphere makes an impression on him and we push hard. at 6'2" 190 and wheels this kid could play anything from WR to safety to corner to LB to whatever he wants, probably.

I am hoping our current commit coming this weekend, and hopefully soon commit will be in his ear!

He made it to Lincoln so we'll have to sit back and watch. Being at the game I would say it was a pretty impressive crowd for the team we were playing.

sounds good

"Egg Harbor Township (N.J.) athlete Tejay Johnson wasn't expecting to find a good fit when he traveled to Nebraska for a visit this weekend. He discovered, however, that NU is going to be hard to say 'no' to when he chooses a school. Is he looking to decide soon?"

"Egg Harbor Township (N.J.) athlete Tejay Johnson wasn't expecting to find a good fit when he traveled to Nebraska for a visit this weekend. He discovered, however, that NU is going to be hard to say 'no' to when he chooses a school. Is he looking to decide soon?"

:horns2

We are definitely in the driver's seat now. We were towards the bottom of his list but are now at the top. He gave the visit a 10/10. Don't know the timetable for commitment, but unless one of his east coast visits go extraordinarily well, I'd say we'll see Tejay in scarlet and cream next fall.

We are definitely in the driver's seat now. We were towards the bottom of his list but are now at the top. He gave the visit a 10/10. Don't know the timetable for commitment, but unless one of his east coast visits go extraordinarily well, I'd say we'll see Tejay in scarlet and cream next fall.

That or he gets the florida offer he wants.

That or he gets the florida offer he wants.

Quiet you!

It really sounds like he was really blown-away, I can't imagine the Rutgers or Michigan State visits will impress as much. Hopefully Florida doesn't make a run at him, a big guy with real speed could be a difference-maker on either side of the ball.

Scout lists as visiting Rutgers on 9/7. Have to think there couldn't be greater contrast in game day experiences.

Cincy-47

Rutgers-15

With almost 14 min. left in the fourth, scores of fans were seen leaving the stands. Hope Mr. Johnson was one of them.

Scout lists as visiting Rutgers on 9/7. Have to think there couldn't be greater contrast in game day experiences.

Cincy-47

Rutgers-15

With almost 14 min. left in the fourth, scores of fans were seen leaving the stands. Hope Mr. Johnson was one of them.

Thank you Cinci

Cincy-47

Rutgers-15

Thank you Cinci

Rivals has a teaser that we may have a seventh commit, and a pretty reliable poster over there commented that Rutgers' loss might have helped us. Not sure if Tejay is the possible 7th commit, but it seems like there might be a chance.

I believe this is the 7th commit: Walker Ashburn.

Ya, just saw that. My bad. Still good news about Tejay, though. Same poster said that Tejay liked what he saw from our game on Friday, plus he was visiting Rutgets for a big loss.

Ya, just saw that. My bad. Still good news about Tejay, though. Same poster said that Tejay liked what he saw from our game on Friday, plus he was visiting Rutgets for a big loss.

the contrast between Rutgers and Nebraska will definely shine for TEjay and i am sure he will come on over the the N.. how do i know this? I dont but like the black eye peas say 'i got a feelin'

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

the contrast between Rutgers and Nebraska will definely shine for TEjay and i am sure he will come on over the the N.. how do i know this? I dont but like the black eye peas say 'i got a feelin'

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

:cheers

MSU could be looking at their fourth consecutive loss, granted the three previous losses have been competitive ones. This being Dantonio's third year a losing-streak should not inspire confidence.

Scout.com has Nebraska listed as the favorite for Tejay Johnson.

Visit definitely helped there. Have to see how the rest of his visits go (Cinci is next) and if Ohio State or Michigan offer and if that makes a big difference to him. (I doubt Florida will, but he is also hearing from them.)

this guy would be such a good pick up for this class

sounds good to me... i like the guys speed and ability to make plays.......

Cincy visit kid of makes me nervous.

Ya, they're really on a roll. At-least it's good for us that gameday at Cinci in their Sunbelt stadium can't compare to ours'.

This kid is a hell of an athlete with good size, I think he could be an impact player for us.

Ya it's been nice to see what a shut down corner can provide for us in Dennard. It sure would be nice to have the same type of athlete continue to be in the secondary.

One of the top targets on Rutgers' recruiting board is Egg Harbor Township (N.J.) High receiver/cornerback Tejay Johnson, and Scarlet Knights coach Greg Schiano broke out the helicopter to go and see him play at Hammonton (N.J.) High. After the game, the speedy Johnson, who is the state 100 meter champ, said he will take an official visit to Rutgers the weekend of Dec. 12.

One of the top targets on Rutgers' recruiting board is Egg Harbor Township (N.J.) High receiver/cornerback Tejay Johnson, and Scarlet Knights coach Greg Schiano broke out the helicopter to go and see him play at Hammonton (N.J.) High. After the game, the speedy Johnson, who is the state 100 meter champ, said he will take an official visit to Rutgers the weekend of Dec. 12.

Anybody got a helicopter they can loan our athletic department?

: )

SheepdogMark

Anybody got a helicopter they can loan our athletic department?

: )

SheepdogMark

Helicopters are Childs play.......

Norfolk Steel has a plane!!!!

Distance was obviously a factor here... his HS program also has inroads to Rutgers. This goes to show how important it is for us to establish strong relationships with HS coaches.