SIGNED OT Mike Moudy

signingday2010.pngPlayer: Mike Moudy

Hometown: Castle Rock, CO

Position: OT

Height: 6'7"

Weight: 291 lbs.

40 time:

Visit Date: 4/18/09

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Stanford, Kansas, Kansas State, Colorado State, Northwestern, Wyoming

Favorites: Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star :star :star OT: #28

Big Red Report:N/A

ESPN:77

Biography: Moudy earned first-team all-Southern League honors as a junior in 2008.

Audibles: "I think Mike's strength is his best attribute A lot of times you get these big kids in high school that are just kind of sloppy. But that is not the case with Mike. He is a big, strong kid. He does exceptionally well in the weight room." — Douglas County head coach Jeff Ketron

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: N!

I like the fact that he was recruited by Northwestern and Stanford. No grade issues on this is my guess.

I had already assumed the kid was smart when I saw he was from Colorado and decided to come to Nebraska! Welcome Mike!!!

Latest NU recruit is no 'pooh-bear'

LINCOLN - Nebraska's sizable group of visiting recruits produced one known immediate payoff: Offensive tackle Mike Moudy of Castle Rock, Colo., accepted the Huskers' scholarship offer Saturday morning.

Moudy, 6-foot-7 and 291 pounds, joined Aurora (Neb.) lineman Andrew Rodriguez and defensive back Anterio Sloan of West Helena, Ark., as pledges for the NU class of 2010.

"He's a big old country kid," said Jeff Ketron, Moudy's coach at Douglas County High School. "Character-wise, he's in the top 1 percent that we've ever had. He's just the type of kid that Nebraska football is based on."

Douglas County is a 5A Colorado power, and Moudy cracked the lineup during the playoffs of his sophomore season in 2007. He earned all-league honors last season as a junior and has added some three inches and 50 pounds over the past nine months, according to Ketron.

"He's got plenty of room to grow," the coach said. "You hear that the kid's 290 and you think of some pooh-bear looking thing. He's just the opposite."

Moudy first visited Lincoln last month. His offers included Kansas, Kansas State and Stanford.

Ted Gilmore recruited Moudy. The Nebraska receivers coach attended Wyoming with Ketron.

ESPN link above has video.

Apparently a talented skeet shooter.

I like the fact that he was recruited by Northwestern and Stanford. No grade issues on this is my guess.

I had already assumed the kid was smart when I saw he was from Colorado and decided to come to Nebraska! Welcome Mike!!!

:LOLtartar:yeah

From Husker Journal:

JULY 26, 2009. PREP STAR

MIKE MOUDY, OL, 6-7, 290, 5.0, CASTLE ROCK (DOUGLAS COUNTY), COLORADO

Mike committed to Nebraska over Northwestern, Stanford, Kansas, Kansas State.

Liked Husker Staff

“I committed to Nebraska. I liked the coaching staff how they run their program up there. It really stood out to me. At the spring game I got see the coaches during the game and it was interesting to watch and got a feel how the players respected the coaches and stuff like that.” Moudy said

“I like the state (Nebraska) I like the place (Midwest) where they are at. Lincoln is a great place and just the people up there. My parents are very happy, very pleased with my decision. They stand behind me that is really cool.” Moudy added

Offensive Line Tradition

“Nebraska is known for turning out some pretty strong linemen.” Says Moudy, “I was just really impressed the way Nebraska runs their offensive linemen. You see schools that just get the biggest player that can’t move at all just sit there and pass block. I was really impressed that Nebraska actually has their players established on the line instead of sit back and come to them.”

“Barney Cotton (offensive line coach) is a great guy,” Moudy said, “I’m really impressed with him. I was up there for a team camp I got to be around him a little bit. He taught me some things. It was great he’s a great guy.”

Bo The Deciding Factor

“I like Bo Pelini a great guy. I had actually a half an hour with him. I went up there (Lincoln) and talked to him on my first visit. Bo has up standing values. That was ultimately what made my decision. The way Nebraska expects their players to accountable. A lot of coaches don’t say that they don’t really convey that point.”

“I want to go to a school where they try to improve the character not only as a football player but character on your life.”

“I still get letters,” says Moudy, “The phone calls have stopped. I told my coach I made my decision and he’s pretty much stirred everyone away and stuff like that.” Moudy added

What A Work Out

“We’re doing our conditioning camp right now. That’s been going for two months we basically do exhausted workouts. We start off early in the morning about 7 AM. We lift to about 8:30 AM then we run sprints, do jump rope, push sleds and hit the weights pretty hard to about 10:30 AM. That’s pretty much the work day.” Moudy said

sounds like a very smart and dedicated football player. like some of the players the pipeline was built on

You bet. Memories of Rob Zatechka. :woo

Smarter = Better. Especially on the O-line.

Im a sophmore at DC, 5'10, 180, and I have to block this guy every single day at practice...it sucks.

He has such overwhelming strength, its ridiculous. This guy is a great addition to your team.

Im a sophmore at DC, 5'10, 180, and I have to block this guy every single day at practice...it sucks.

He has such overwhelming strength, its ridiculous. This guy is a great addition to your team.

Sorry for your situation, but that's great to hear! :)

hey man youll be glad you did next year, because you will be on a totally diff level of athleticism.. i went up against a guy EVERY day that was 6'2 250 playin NG last year, he was powerful n strong as hell, its like hitting a wall that could move you back, and im 6 250, but still.... btw he couldnt bench over 180 but he had retard strength like crazy.

Just finished watching some film on Moudy. Dude is an absolute bully. I'm looking forward to seeing this kid play here. Our OL is due for another pipeline renaissance a la the 80's & 90's.

Just finished watching some film on Moudy. Dude is an absolute bully. I'm looking forward to seeing this kid play here. Our OL is due for another pipeline renaissance a la the 80's & 90's.

:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2

I agree. I saw him on campus on one of his unofficial visits. The kid is an absolute HEEEEEEEEEE-Moth of a human being. To think he is only 17-18 is unreal.

I agree. I saw him on campus on one of his unofficial visits. The kid is an absolute HEEEEEEEEEE-Moth of a human being. To think he is only 17-18 is unreal.

No 284 on the Scout final 300 for 2010.

Moudy is a :star :star :star :star @ Scout. Yet only a :star :star :star @ Rivals. Funny how different Scout & Rivals can be on certain players.

Other Scout :star :star :star :star Husker commits are Chase Rome, Andrew Rodriguez, Yoshi Hardrick and Harvey Jackson.

Moudy is a :star :star :star :star @ Scout. Yet only a :star :star :star @ Rivals. Funny how different Scout & Rivals can be on certain players.

Other Scout :star :star :star :star Husker commits are Chase Rome, Andrew Rodriguez, Yoshi Hardrick and Harvey Jackson.

Moudy is the top rated 3 star at OT according to rivals, so I wouldn't be suprised to see him end up with that 4th star in the final rankings.

Moudy is the top rated 3 star at OT according to rivals, so I wouldn't be suprised to see him end up with that 4th star in the final rankings.

:yeah

They also have to differ in something bc whats the point of joining scout if they are the exact same as rivals or the other way around? I agree that is one reason why you can't put allll your stock on rankings.

When do they do the final star assigning? I was thinking he would be one that moved up to a 4 star along with ashburn possibly

Rivals has finished their final position rankings for the class of 2010.

He is rated their #35 OT for this year.

The top 33 ended up as 4 stars.

If he wouldnt have committed so soon he would have been a four star kid because he would have got more attention from schools.

With that said I was really hoping this kid was going to get bumped. Thought for sure he would.

Wow so once again Crabtree was full of crap when he said some nebraska kids could jump to a 4 star. I give up listening to him. for all we know Owa is going to UMASS and never considered NU and Moudy is going to South Dakota State. :rant

Wow so once again Crabtree was full of crap when he said some nebraska kids could jump to a 4 star. I give up listening to him. for all we know Owa is going to UMASS and never considered NU and Moudy is going to South Dakota State. :rant

:laughpound:laughpound:rollin:rollin:lol::lol:

At the end of the day, Moudy has to perform on the field where it counts regardless of star ratings. Sure all the stars talk and analysis is fun for people like us to discuss, but we're not the ones in control of his destiny. I think the kid will defy the star gazers and be a spectacular player at NU when it's all said and done.

• Upvote 1

At the end of the day, Moudy has to perform on the field where it counts regardless of star ratings. Sure all the stars talk and analysis is fun for people like us to discuss, but we're not the ones in control of his destiny. I think the kid will defy the star gazers and be a spectacular player at NU when it's all said and done.

I agree, and I am on record in this thread saying that I believe Moudy could be the real gem of the 2009 recruiting class.

I agree, and I am on record in this thread saying that I believe Moudy could be the real gem of the 2009 recruiting class.

Completely agree on Mike. He is a stud that plays nasty. Many, many schools wanted this young man. He will be a big cog in the trenches.

More Good News for Mike Moudy!!

"Clearing paths for the running backs is a big Team USA offensive line anchored by five players rated 4-Star by Scout. While the coaching staff and even teammates have had a tough time singling out standouts through the week, it was Mike Moudy's name that came up the most often. Moudy is 6-7 and 290 pounds out of Castle Rock, Col. and is committed to sign with Nebraska on Monday."

http://nebraska.scout.com/2/941899.html