SIGNED OT Mike Moudy

• 2 months later...

From Husker Journal:

JULY 26, 2009. PREP STAR

MIKE MOUDY, OL, 6-7, 290, 5.0, CASTLE ROCK (DOUGLAS COUNTY), COLORADO

Mike committed to Nebraska over Northwestern, Stanford, Kansas, Kansas State.

Liked Husker Staff

“I committed to Nebraska. I liked the coaching staff how they run their program up there. It really stood out to me. At the spring game I got see the coaches during the game and it was interesting to watch and got a feel how the players respected the coaches and stuff like that.” Moudy said

“I like the state (Nebraska) I like the place (Midwest) where they are at. Lincoln is a great place and just the people up there. My parents are very happy, very pleased with my decision. They stand behind me that is really cool.” Moudy added

Offensive Line Tradition

“Nebraska is known for turning out some pretty strong linemen.” Says Moudy, “I was just really impressed the way Nebraska runs their offensive linemen. You see schools that just get the biggest player that can’t move at all just sit there and pass block. I was really impressed that Nebraska actually has their players established on the line instead of sit back and come to them.”

“Barney Cotton (offensive line coach) is a great guy,” Moudy said, “I’m really impressed with him. I was up there for a team camp I got to be around him a little bit. He taught me some things. It was great he’s a great guy.”

Bo The Deciding Factor

“I like Bo Pelini a great guy. I had actually a half an hour with him. I went up there (Lincoln) and talked to him on my first visit. Bo has up standing values. That was ultimately what made my decision. The way Nebraska expects their players to accountable. A lot of coaches don’t say that they don’t really convey that point.”

“I want to go to a school where they try to improve the character not only as a football player but character on your life.”

“I still get letters,” says Moudy, “The phone calls have stopped. I told my coach I made my decision and he’s pretty much stirred everyone away and stuff like that.” Moudy added

What A Work Out

“We’re doing our conditioning camp right now. That’s been going for two months we basically do exhausted workouts. We start off early in the morning about 7 AM. We lift to about 8:30 AM then we run sprints, do jump rope, push sleds and hit the weights pretty hard to about 10:30 AM. That’s pretty much the work day.” Moudy said

sounds like a very smart and dedicated football player. like some of the players the pipeline was built on

You bet. Memories of Rob Zatechka. :woo

Smarter = Better. Especially on the O-line.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Im a sophmore at DC, 5'10, 180, and I have to block this guy every single day at practice...it sucks.

He has such overwhelming strength, its ridiculous. This guy is a great addition to your team.

hey man youll be glad you did next year, because you will be on a totally diff level of athleticism.. i went up against a guy EVERY day that was 6'2 250 playin NG last year, he was powerful n strong as hell, its like hitting a wall that could move you back, and im 6 250, but still.... btw he couldnt bench over 180 but he had retard strength like crazy.

• 2 months later...