1996 Arizona State Game

You'd think that game was played down here last week the way people still talk about it. I'm kind of flattered that we're considered their signature win of their storied football history. They neglect to remember the beatings they took at our hands the year before (63 points in first half, 77-28 victory) or a few years later in 2002 (48-10). I do remind them of those 2 games but it doesn't seem to phase them.

You'd think that game was played down here last week the way people still talk about it. I'm kind of flattered that we're considered their signature win of their storied football history. They neglect to remember the beatings they took at our hands the year before (63 points in first half, 77-28 victory) or a few years later in 2002 (48-10). I do remind them of those 2 games but it doesn't seem to phase them.

Correct, the ASU fans wear rose colored glasses that can only see that particular season. And not even the whole season---the Rose Bowl where Ohio State beat them seems to be blocked from their memories as well.

While I don't live that close to Tucson, most U of A fans are very humble about their victory over Nebraska in the Holiday Bowl.

Correct, the ASU fans wear rose colored glasses that can only see that particular season. And not even the whole season---the Rose Bowl where Ohio State beat them seems to be blocked from their memories as well.

While I don't live that close to Tucson, most U of A fans are very humble about their victory over Nebraska in the Holiday Bowl.

That's funny, I've experienced the exact opposite with U of A fans and ASU fans.

That's funny, I've experienced the exact opposite with U of A fans and ASU fans.

The experience encountered is, more than like, directly proportional to the amount of alcohol consumed.

I was a high school student out here in Phoenix when that game was played. My mom's boyfriend bought tickets for the three of us to go the game. They broke up 2 weeks before the game, and it was completely sold-out. I was so bummed, but then they got beat, and I actually was kind of glad I wasn't at the game.

Surprised they haven't replayed it on local TV yet with the passing of Bruce Snyder..(They show it at least once/year out here). <_<

Just realized..That was the last Football Game I attended..other than the AZ highschool 5A Championship game a few months ago.