When can we expect tickets?

Does anyone have any news about when tickets go on sale for the 09 season? I want to pick a bunch up the instant they go on sale. I have some time off durring the texas tech homegame weekend, and I'm planning to come up (from texas) with some friends.

Any help would be great.

Unless you can find a kind hearted person who will sell them to you at face value or close to it, you would be better off buying from scalpers the day of the game. It's along way to travel without tickets in hand but scalpers always have tickets. The longer you wait the lower the price.

Just check Craig's List.

One of the best ways to get tickets is to find a student ticket, because usually they are cheap (unless it's a big game) and all you have to do is pay the student and then get it validated. Usually, it can be much cheaper than other tickets.

Just check Craig's List.

One of the best ways to get tickets is to find a student ticket, because usually they are cheap (unless it's a big game) and all you have to do is pay the student and then get it validated. Usually, it can be much cheaper than other tickets.

Getting it validated means you have to pay the difference between student ticket value and actual ticket value, so in addition to paying the student, you'll be paying the rest of the normal ticket price to the athletic department.

Just check Craig's List.

Getting it validated means you have to pay the difference between student ticket value and actual ticket value, so in addition to paying the student, you'll be paying the rest of the normal ticket price to the athletic department.

Yes, but I'm referring to the fact that students don't usually ask outrageous prices for the tickets. Many sell them for the $21 student value or just over, and then you pay the validation fee to make them the normal ticket price.

However, buying tickets from season ticket holders who are selling them can often be very pricy. For example, if a student sells his ticket to you for $21 and then you pay the validation price, it will be around $60 spent. However, many non-students sell their tickets for maybe $100 or more.

Now, that practice may not be entirely legal, but that's how it has been in my experience.

Just check Craig's List.

Yes, but I'm referring to the fact that students don't usually ask outrageous prices for the tickets. Many sell them for the $21 student value or just over, and then you pay the validation fee to make them the normal ticket price.

However, buying tickets from season ticket holders who are selling them can often be very pricy. For example, if a student sells his ticket to you for $21 and then you pay the validation price, it will be around $60 spent. However, many non-students sell their tickets for maybe $100 or more.

Now, that practice may not be entirely legal, but that's how it has been in my experience.

And that is very true.

On a different note.. Have tickets to away games gone on sale? If not, when do they? And is it better to try to scalp them or get them from someone in Blacksburg or is it possible to try and go through the U?

Just check Craig's List.

Don't they now have to be validated by the student themselves? I think I heard about that switch because of a student having to go validate a buddy's ticket he bought from them, which can make things a pain sometimes.

Just check Craig's List.

Don't they now have to be validated by the student themselves? I think I heard about that switch because of a student having to go validate a buddy's ticket he bought from them, which can make things a pain sometimes.

Well things may have changed for the 2009 season, but it wasn't like that in 2008. If you were a student, and bought a ticket from another student, you didn't have to have it validated. All you had to do was present your NCard with the ticket at the gate, and you could walk in once it was scanned.

The only time you had to validate it was if you were not a student and wanted to use one of their tickets.

Again, it might have changed for the 2009 season, but I didn't buy season tickets for 2008 and bought them from other students and never had to validate them for my own personal use.

Just check Craig's List.

And that is very true.

On a different note.. Have tickets to away games gone on sale? If not, when do they? And is it better to try to scalp them or get them from someone in Blacksburg or is it possible to try and go through the U?

In the past Virginia Tech students could sell their student tickets (although not legally) online, but starting this past season the school started issuing season-passes (one card which you use for all the games) so the students could no longer sell individual tickets. However, students can purchase an additional ticket for all home games if they win the lottery at face value and these tickets go on sale Friday here in Blacksburg so you can expect to see an increase in available tickets online (although I expect most students to hold on to the VT-NU ticket...). These tickets do not require a student ID and are regular tickets. As in Lincoln you can buy tickets from scalpers outside the stadium but for big games its going to be expensive. If you are making the trip from Nebraska you probably should get your tix in advance.

Just check Craig's List.

In 2008 the rule was you had to have the student validate the ticket UNLESS it was game day... on a game day anyone could validate the ticket... So basically, you can't get the ticket from a student and go down on Wednesday to avoid the rush on game day... but you can go in on Saturday and have it validated and get in just fine.